Hypothyroidism & Losing Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have also have low iron, and am anemic. My doctor asked me to take prenatal vitamins, and iron supplements. Sometimes I forget though! I also work 8-5 and I go to the gym after work which is so hard!! Also, if any of you do have the same schedule as I do, what do you guys normally eat for lunch or snacks? I would love some ideas! I go to subway and get a 6 inch turkey with no cheese and a little brown mustard with spinach, onions, lettuce, jalapenos, and olives. Not sure if its healthy but I would love some ideas
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    cmriverside - yes its the same pill but levo is a generic brand.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I pack my food/water every day in wheelie cooler. I have a microfridge in my office. I keep greek yogurt in there and weighed portions of cereal to put on it. I often take a serving of frozen berries and a couple pyrex dishes of protein/veggies which I throw in the microwave. Sometimes black beans are in there. Chicken, fish, tuna, broccoli, spinach, sweet potatoes, riced cauliflower are my staples at work. I eat 5-6 mini-meal a day. That works better for me. I also have a stash of quest bars and bounce balls to snack on as well as a protein shake or two.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,837 Member
    Options
    Hypo for around 15 years, well-controlled on generic levothyroxine. I haven't had any more difficulty losing weight than anyone non-hypo seems to have. And, around 65 pounds down & weighing around 118, my dosage requirement hasn't decreased, so far.

My suggestion would be to simply follow the standard MFP weight-loss process, and see how it goes. If you have trouble losing, and are logging meticulously and maintaining a consistent calorie deficit, worry about it then.
  • bearijune
    bearijune Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You guys are giving me hope. I was so upset 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and gained 30 pounds in 2 months. I was eating right and working out 5 days a week. I had given up on weightloss. Because of that experience my mindset has been, I can't lose weight because of my thyroid. Being honest with myself, I stopped logging and exercising. I had a lot going on in my life and couldn't handle it. I need to give it a honest try again and stop blaming my hypothyroidism.
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options