I'm frustrated and about to give up.

Options
124»

Replies

• emililly88
    emililly88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    Try getting more fruit into your diet. The natural sweetness can be a pretty good substitute. I like frozen berries as a snack :] Also, DEFINITELY don't buy junk food. If you don't have it around, it's a lot harder to cave to a craving.

I was going to suggest this as well when I first read your post. As a starting point, try and eat a serving of fruit before you hit the junk! In my case, I still ate the junk but after awhile I really didn't even crave it anymore because the fruit curved it. And don't be mislead, food addiction is still an addiction and it is difficult to overcome. I encourage you to not give up! Don't focus on your bad habits; shift your focus to GOOD habits.

That's my two cents.
  • AliceinRealityLand
    AliceinRealityLand Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We have made the eating change for the entire family. Sure, the kids can handle a bowl of ice cream with no worries, but if it is in the house it is harder to resist. They can always eat something that I eat for sugar cravings in between, but otherwise, we have dessert once a week or so. That way, there is just enough for each person to have a portion and none in the house to tempt them to want cake instead of vegetables or fruit for snacks...just an idea.