Constipation struggles

2»

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member

Oatmeal has a nice combination of soluble & insoluble too.[/quote]

True, but can i use uncooked quick oats for the same benefit? I can add it to my drink with everything else. Don't like cooked oatmeal.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Hi, it seems that this problem is persistent and won't go away. I eat plenty of vegetables during the day, not to mention my morning smoothie starts with mostly leafy greens. So why am not having constipation issues? Haven't had a problem before, and I'm eating pretty much similar, just less and even more veggies than before. So what's happening? I don't want to take any supplements for stool, any one is dealing with this? How? Open to suggestions. Thanks!

Story of my life. Coffee usually helps, but my diet is so high in protein that even then it can be 4-6 days. Struggle!

I cannot imagine not going to the bathroom in 4-6 days. One day and I am crawling up the wall.

I drink hot water in the mornings or sometimes add lemon to it.

I have also started to add coarse bran to my yogurt, smoothie etc and drink water throughout the day.

I also find when I eat too much blocks my daily bowel movement(s).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,052 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    I drink a lot of water during the day, tea and sometimes milk at night. Activity vise, I'm on my feet all day long, not really cardio, but moving around. Lower fat now, maybe. Comparatively.

What's the percentage of fat, carbs, and protein?
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    I know you don't want supplements, but you might try fiber gummies. I take 9 per day which is way more than recommended but has improved my constipation issues.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    I'm so glad someone else asked this question! I've cut down on my coffee because I like milk in it and would rather have the calories for food and have had a problem with this as well. I guess it is the lower fat intake for me too.

You could use Almond Milk instead of Milk. For 8oz of almond milk is 30 calories.
  • dark_sparkles37019
    dark_sparkles37019 Posts: 114 Member
    I went to the doctor for this a month and a half ago. They tested my thyroid and it's fine. I think it's the medication I'm taking. I'm taking D ocolax once a day since that's what I was prescribed for a month and ran out. It's working,but I'm not sure it's safe to take long term....my doctor didn't say.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    prune juice and drink more water all day long.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Found oatmeal to be very helpful, just two tablespoons of dry oats into my morning smoothie and back to my regular self.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    water with lemon in the a.m. before you eat, lots like 24 to 30 oz