Lose weight with shakes,exercise, and supplements?! Lets do it!

Options
124»

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Not even a particularly subtle trolling attempt.

Very clumsy effort; E...
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I love to exercise by shaking weights!

jvckvmnq37e8.gif
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    fileshiny wrote: »
    There are a lot of different opinions about supplements, shakes and exercise - and medical science changes its mind all the freakin' time about this stuff. I daresay most people take some kind of supplement, even if its just Vitamin C. There are studies now coming out that say even taking vitamins might be harmful, so again, it's one of those situations where something seems right until some study comes out saying it's all wrong. I've taken more than a few supplements in my time, trying to hedge my bets, but now I just take what I consider to be absolutely necessary, given my personal diet and health situation. And yep, I've drank more than a few shakes in my time, and while I think there are some things to recommend a good unflavoured whey protein isolate, they all taste just bloody awful and real food is so much more tasty.

I'm not sure why people are attacking the OP; it seems to me that she was just attempting to hype herself up for the diet and fitness routine she had decided on.

For me, I'm waiting for the study that shows that ice cream is the best possible food that everyone should eat all day long, and once that comes out, I'm never reading another study!

What study is showing vitamins might be harmful?

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/more-evidence-that-routine-multivitamin-use-should-be-avoided/

• SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    There is no evidence to back up these products but if it gets someone out of bed and to the gym then let them spend their money it's all just a placebo effect
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I prefer malts to shakes of the chocolate variety.

Ooh, me too! YUM!