Strangest things seen while out on a run...

Options

Replies

• fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    hill8570 wrote: »
    Hmmmm. The list is long. In no particular order...
    - a half-eaten sheep

All together now...EWWWWWWW!!!!!!

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    What if you're the type who sees NOTHING while you run because you're just focused or not paying attention or something?

I ran a half marathon a while back and the route went right past the Alamo. I totally didn't see it. I remember at the end being like, "wait, where was the Alamo?" Apparently, it was around mile 3.

Are you saying that you did not remember the Alamo?
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    What if you're the type who sees NOTHING while you run because you're just focused or not paying attention or something?

I ran a half marathon a while back and the route went right past the Alamo. I totally didn't see it. I remember at the end being like, "wait, where was the Alamo?" Apparently, it was around mile 3.

Oh God someone already made the joke, the shame.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    - a half-eaten sheep

Oh, I've seen way worse, especially running alongside highways. Didn't really want to make a list of road-kill and road-almost-kill.
  • fileshiny
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    - a half-eaten sheep

Oh, I've seen way worse, especially running alongside highways. Didn't really want to make a list of road-kill and road-almost-kill.

We appreciate that (and I appreciate that I run in the city!)
  • fileshiny
    Options

Oh God someone already made the joke, the shame.

You gotta get up pretty early to out-pun me!
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A family was taking a walk on my path with two loud grade-school-aged kids and two excited golden retrievers on leashes. What was strange was their orange tom tabby was walking several paces behind the family, looking around like he was the rear guard. I passed them again on the way back and the cat was still following along at the same distance. I had no idea a cat would do that.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I walk along the river here and I see typical stuff, frogs, turtles, foxes, ducks, vultures, but recently the bald eagles that nest near where I live as they were out and about. Huge birds. The fox likes to pop up around the neighborhood if I walk in the evenings, and scare the bejeezus out of me. Cute though.
  • fileshiny
    Options
    I walk along the river here and I see typical stuff, frogs, turtles, foxes, ducks, vultures, but recently the bald eagles that nest near where I live as they were out and about. Huge birds. The fox likes to pop up around the neighborhood if I walk in the evenings, and scare the bejeezus out of me. Cute though.

Vultures and eagles and turtles, oh my!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I see a pack of turkeys and let me tell you, I get so excited. They are gorgeous. But they always scamper away though when they see me approaching. I wish they were friendly. :frowning:
  • fileshiny
    Options
    Sometimes I see a pack of turkeys and let me tell you, I get so excited. They are gorgeous. But they always scamper away though when they see me approaching. I wish they were friendly. :frowning:

They are such gorgeously odd giant birds.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options

Had a pair of wild turkeys take flight right in front of me once (didn't know they were there). Took ten freaking years off my life -- those babies are LOUD!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The last couple of mornings, I have been nearly attack by a black crow, the "Bird" movie comes to mind.
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I see dead fish on the ground. It was pretty big. Must of fell from a heron.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I saw a dog mess with a picture of Donald Trump in it the other day on my morning run. For a split second I was going to take a picture because I thought it was so random and funny but then I realised how weird that would be! :lol:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Two rattlesnakes, wrapped around each other swaying back and forth.
  • bezza666
    bezza666 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Two snakes having sex?
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    well....I was walking at the time....but I did run across a human hand.....
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A fully wrapped steak laying in the middle of the trail. I took a picture for facebook. It was 7:05am, had to have been there all night.
    1p0jxe1587x7.jpg

A opossum hanging from a tree at face level.

On a side note when biking in the city, a flattened box turtle and a glass butt plug.
  • filovirus76
    filovirus76 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is one I felt bad about. A particular nasty Chihuahua cane up nipping at my heals. I meant to just nudge him out of the way, but got more of him than I anticipated. I ended up sending him about 10 feet followed by a couple rolls. He went whimpering off, but I still feel bad about it.