Useless Fact of the Day

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    I am likely related to one of you

I don't remember the exact stat but I heard once if you're dating someone of your same race in your same country you likely have related ancestors less than 5 generations back.

Unless you are 2nd generation immigrants.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

I don't remember the exact stat but I heard once if you're dating someone of your same race in your same country you likely have related ancestors less than 5 generations back.

I double checked myself... it's from your same country (and same race/ethnicity) and fewer than 10 generations

I remember reading somewhere that no one on the planet is more distantly related than 13th cousin...
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

I double checked myself... it's from your same country (and same race/ethnicity) and fewer than 10 generations

I remember reading somewhere that no one on the planet is more distantly related than 13th cousin...

Well then we should all have a family reunion
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Hey Cuz...!!
  • pudgy1977
    Options

Hey Cuz...!!

z900dewzo41p.jpg
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    Aren't we cousins??
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    Aren't we cousins??

How many teeth do you have?
  • cee134
    Options
    It's Friday!
  • cee134
    Options
    In The Matrix, people were stored in rows and columns. They were actually in a matrix.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    When you yawn and stretch at the time, you are "pandiculating."
  • cee134
    Options
    August is basically the Sunday of summer.
  • cee134
    Options
    If you imagine the Universe without life. It's just a bunch of things doing things, without knowing that they are doing anything at all.
  • Justn83
    Justn83 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Options
    Cats tongues are rougher than dogs tongues.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    Double-Stuf oreos are actually 1.86 times more stuffed than regular Oreos. Do you feel slightly cheated?
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Look up at the night sky, see all those beautiful stars. Most are dead by the time thier light reaches earth.
  • cee134
    Options
    Antartica is an island with only a northern coast.
  • cee134
    Options
    The brain is the most complex thing ever, according to the brain. So complex that it can't understand itself or it's so stupid it can't understand itself. It's like the brain has told everyone that its so complex to hide the fact that it's stupid. Which is the smartest thing the brain has ever done.