What is the lowest carbs you can go

Options
2»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    350, and yes, I have a higher TDEE than most.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Dammit.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Dammit.
    Hopefully you don't have insulin resistance and eventually you won't have to worry about carbs. Good luck to you.
  • ShodanPrime
    Options
    So, jealous.
  • haugentimo
    haugentimo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you are in a keto state, you don't need any carbs. Your liver will do the job of producing any that you need.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Don't cut carbs low it makes you grumpy :(

That's my default. Beer and protein makes this one happy.

You are aware beer has carb contents right?
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Without doing some like ketosis, how do I cut out carbs, just remove bread and vegetables?

Cutting out vegetables is stupid.
  • LetsDoThis141
    LetsDoThis141 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think some people focused too much on your question.... My questions is, how come your doing 2-3 HOURS of powerlifting??? Sounds like you are extending beyond the beneficial aspect of lifting when your program requires up to 3 hours. Which has shown to have more negative effects unless your a genetic freak bodybuilder. Even then, they don't train that long.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting is different. Bodybuilding = higher reps, lower sets usually (debatable) and lower rest rate between 0-1min. Hence shorter workouts.
    Powerlifting = lower reps, higher sets and higher rests between 1-5 min and sometimes longer.

BTW shodan, I wouldn't recommend going too low on carbs. Tried it, never again. You will just be wayyyy to fatigued, mentally and physically. Anything but carbs won't work for long. Especially with the intensity of the sport. If you're trying to lean out, put a bit of cardio or HIIT into your training while aiming to lose 1kg BW or less per week.
  • ShodanPrime
    Options

Dammit.
    Hopefully you don't have insulin resistance and eventually you won't have to worry about carbs. Good luck to you.

Been reading some on it, yeah, I hope o don't have it. Thanks.
  • ShodanPrime
    Options
    Without doing some like ketosis, how do I cut out carbs, just remove bread and vegetables?

Cutting out vegetables is stupid.

I appreciate your in-depth and well thought out contribution. :)
  • ShodanPrime
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Don't cut carbs low it makes you grumpy :(

That's my default. Beer and protein makes this one happy.

You are aware beer has carb contents right?

Did you not read my answer to what carb sources I intake, or are you just making a joke? I can roll with both.
  • ShodanPrime
    Options
    I think some people focused too much on your question.... My questions is, how come your doing 2-3 HOURS of powerlifting??? Sounds like you are extending beyond the beneficial aspect of lifting when your program requires up to 3 hours. Which has shown to have more negative effects unless your a genetic freak bodybuilder. Even then, they don't train that long.

Bodybuilding and powerlifting is different. Bodybuilding = higher reps, lower sets usually (debatable) and lower rest rate between 0-1min. Hence shorter workouts.
    Powerlifting = lower reps, higher sets and higher rests between 1-5 min and sometimes longer.

BTW shodan, I wouldn't recommend going too low on carbs. Tried it, never again. You will just be wayyyy to fatigued, mentally and physically. Anything but carbs won't work for long. Especially with the intensity of the sport. If you're trying to lean out, put a bit of cardio or HIIT into your training while aiming to lose 1kg BW or less per week.

And when you roll with power building, you get the best of both painful worlds. Lol

How low was too low for you? With work I can't afford brain fog, or fatigue.

Cardio or hiit. Damn. Damn. Damn. Lol. I swore off cardio after finishing a triathlon. With the potential IR, I don't know, I might need to get drastic for a bit.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options

Dammit.

I listen to this guy's (http://phil-graham.com/) podcast every so often and he is diabetic. He is a competitive bodybuilder/coach in Ireland and writing a book called "The Diabetic Blueprint". He offers a free e-book as a teaser called "The Diabetic Fitness Report" which might offer you some pertinent information as it relates to insulin resistance and fitness in general.

Disclaimer: I have not read or downloaded the e-book, but just going off of his podcasts, it sounds like it might some applicable information for you.
  • ShodanPrime
    Options
    cajuntank wrote: »

Dammit.

I listen to this guy's (http://phil-graham.com/) podcast every so often and he is diabetic. He is a competitive bodybuilder/coach in Ireland and writing a book called "The Diabetic Blueprint". He offers a free e-book as a teaser called "The Diabetic Fitness Report" which might offer you some pertinent information as it relates to insulin resistance and fitness in general.

Disclaimer: I have not read or downloaded the e-book, but just going off of his podcasts, it sounds like it might some applicable information for you.

I'll check it out, pulling it up right now, thanks.