My wife is at a plateau...

Options
13»

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    My first thought, I'm pleased to say wrongly, was domestic abuse. This is a pet hate of mine and I would hope everyone else's. My first picture was of a man deciding his wife was not loosing to the weight or shape he wanted her to be, trying to use a forum like this to support his expectations.

I can well understand someone not being at ease with things on here. I'm only able to say what I think but not add pictures, links, bold, quote, whatever.

That was one jaw-dropping leap you made. Sheesh.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sorry, when it, domestic abuse happens to someone you know and you discover its not easy to get out of, Its the pits. To react as I did shows to my mind that I actually care for the partner, even though I have been proved wrong I had to question his not her posting. Emotional control is just as damaging when it happens as actual violence.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My first thought, I'm pleased to say wrongly, was domestic abuse. This is a pet hate of mine and I would hope everyone else's. My first picture was of a man deciding his wife was not loosing to the weight or shape he wanted her to be, trying to use a forum like this to support his expectations.

I can well understand someone not being at ease with things on here. I'm only able to say what I think but not add pictures, links, bold, quote, whatever.

Whoa nelly. O.o
    ...lets not take a turn to Negative Town with your own issues projecting on innocent people. You could have easily kept that to yourself.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Sorry, when it, domestic abuse happens to someone you know and you discover its not easy to get out of, Its the pits. To react as I did shows to my mind that I actually care for the partner, even though I have been proved wrong I had to question his not her posting. Emotional control is just as damaging when it happens as actual violence.

I would have no problem posting a question for my better half to get help from the MFP community since he isnt a poster and I am. I would be ticked had someone thought I had him in the basement<which we dont have> chained to our treadmill<which we also dont have> withholding lunch until he finished his run <which he also doesnt do>.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was just seeing supportive partner. No wonder people do not like posting on forums.
  • Oversyte
    Oversyte Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    @Fuzzipeg
    Ohhh, I understand... no, that's not the case. But I'm glad you put that in perspective. This really happened before?? Or IS happening? That's quite unsettling... I apologize for causing the thought of it...

@kshama2001
    I want to share her info, but I don't want to give it out if she's not ready to deal with other people. She likes doing things on her time. I respect that. Since she asked me for help that I didnt have the answers to, I asked them here.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Oversyte wrote: »
    @kshama2001
    I want to share her info, but I don't want to give it out if she's not ready to deal with other people. She likes doing things on her time. I respect that. Since she asked me for help that I didnt have the answers to, I asked them here.

That's fine. Let her know we can give better advice when we can see someone's diary.