Teacher starting ketogenic journey tomorrow. need support

Options
Hi.
I've researched keto diets and feel I'm ready to get going. I'm really hoping this will be able to change the way my body functions because what it does now just isn't working.
Feel free to add me.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

@missabbyb if you have not joined the above group feel free to check it out. They are the ones who taught me much of what I know. I was 63 when I found this Way Of Eating and now at 65 I can say this WOE has saved my life and gave me hope for the future.

There are many resources at the MFP sub group. You do have to request to join and you can remove yourself at a click of the Options button.

Best of success.
  • missabbyb
    missabbyb Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you @GaleHawkins
    I still have so many questions. Lol. I sent a request to join
  • cairnsmom
    cairnsmom Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You will enjoy the group. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I wish I'd have done low carb (I'm not keto) while teaching. But I retired, then changed my way of eating. I'm so glad to have done both. :) Best wishes to you!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @missabbyb There has been a few other ladies join just recently and some of the more experienced members will help the new ones to learn more at the same time since they have been doing LCHF longer. They have already pulled together helpful info that you will see after you join. We will get your questions answered and time is on your side. I wish I had not waited until 63 to start this WOE but hey at 65 my health is already better than it was at 45. @Sunny_Bunny_ will see this and I will ask her to introduce you to the group after you post there but they are all great supporters with great keto details. There are many others that will help you but she is the only user name easy for me to remember. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You will love the group! There's lots of info there for you no matter your specific concerns. Lots of different levels of low carbers ready to be supportive and help the new kids out :smile: