Upping calories

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nope. I haven't had a deficit of more than 250-400 calories in well over a year. That's like nothing food wise. Seriously...50g of avocado, extra ounce of meat at dinner. Maybe a second coffee with cream and sugar. BFD.
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yes, I started Maintenance and in 10 days I lost 1.9 pounds... I upped my calories to 1600. I was eating between 1300 and 1500 when trying to lose so I wanted to up them slow.
    It is easier to lose when I am eating more! I weigh everything.. count every calorie.
    I am upping by 100 and I will see how it goes. I do the Scooby calculator and it gives me a TDEE of 1471. That is incorrect. BMR on there is just over 1200. Way to low. Maybe I am more active than I think I am but I am sitting most of the time. I get in about 2 miles average walking around my house etc a day.
    Losing weight was less confusing and less anxiety for me.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Working on adding more calories too. Trying to avoid too much salt so I don't freak out when I weigh the next day. I'm not even sure how to set MfP on maintenance. Think the iPad app directions may be different. I put it on lose half lb for now.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    swim777 wrote: »
    Working on adding more calories too. Trying to avoid too much salt so I don't freak out when I weigh the next day. I'm not even sure how to set MfP on maintenance. Think the iPad app directions may be different. I put it on lose half lb for now.

Oops.. Found it! I have 1 lb to lose so I won't let myself click that yet! Gotta see it first!