Marion Bartoli

Options
2»

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Quick - Everyone name their top 5 favorite overweight world class elite athletes. I'll go have breakfast while you work on that list.

OK, my list is not current, but here goes ...

Paul Gascoigne
    Ian Botham
    Phil Taylor
    George Forman
    Phil Mickelson

:devil:
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Who gives a damn what any misinformed ignoramus journalist writes? She looks healthy and strong to me, we need more women in the public arena who look like this, I bet there's a lot of men out there who appreciate the sight of Marions' luscious bod flying around the tennis courts.

We have yet to read a single disparaging quote regarding Bartoli on this thread.

Equating her sporting achievements to the appreciation of her luscious bod is sexist and demeaning.

Trying to overshadow her sporting achievements by criticising her for not having a very low body fat percentage is sexist and demeaning and damaging to young impressionable females reading that sort of garbage. If her prowess as a world class athlete was impeded by her bfp she wouldn't be there so nobody would have anything to say about her. So obviously the 'journalists' who are writing this are only interested in aesthetics. If you want to call anybody in on being sexist and demeaning I suggest you take your anonymous self to a place on the internet where you can contact these people and tell them exactly how you feel. Have a lovely weekend :glasses:
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Who gives a damn what any misinformed ignoramus journalist writes? She looks healthy and strong to me, we need more women in the public arena who look like this, I bet there's a lot of men out there who appreciate the sight of Marions' luscious bod flying around the tennis courts.

We have yet to read a single disparaging quote regarding Bartoli on this thread.

Equating her sporting achievements to the appreciation of her luscious bod is sexist and demeaning.

Trying to overshadow her sporting achievements by criticising her for not having a very low body fat percentage is sexist and demeaning and damaging to young impressionable females reading that sort of garbage. If her prowess as a world class athlete was impeded by her bfp she wouldn't be there so nobody would have anything to say about her. So obviously the 'journalists' who are writing this are only interested in aesthetics. If you want to call anybody in on being sexist and demeaning I suggest you take your anonymous self to a place on the internet where you can contact these people and tell them exactly how you feel. Have a lovely weekend :glasses:

Crikey.

No journalist has been quoted on this thread. At all. Nothing about body fat percentage, by anyone.

You said "I bet there's a lot of men out there who appreciate the sight of Marion's luscious bod flying about the tennis courts."

You are the only person who commented on how this athlete might be appreciated in a sexual manner. I say that to comment upon an athlete (or anyone) in this way is demeaning.

So that is how I feel and I look forward to the weekend.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Quick - Everyone name their top 5 favorite overweight world class elite athletes. I'll go have breakfast while you work on that list.

OK, my list is not current, but here goes ...

Paul Gascoigne
    Ian Botham
    Phil Taylor
    George Forman
    Phil Mickelson

:devil:
    Oh Flixie!

Paul Gascoigne - I think not.
    Gasciogne_zps80b8a3fa.jpg[/URL]

Ian Botham - This guy? Are you kidding me?
    Botham_zps9e3ad6ea.jpg[/URL]

Phil Taylor - Darts? I ask for elite world-class athletes and you bring me darts?

George Forman - - Everybody gets old...

Phil Mickelson - If you do it while wearing slacks, what you do does not make you an athlete.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've just seen her play and while I would never ever call her fat I noticed that she was not like those really tall, stick thin players (Sharapova). Just googled her stats and she's reportedly 140lbs and 5ft 7, which to me doesn't seem overweight and knowing that she is an athlete a lot of that will be muscle.
    Not in a million years is she fat, but she also does not have a fine bone structure. Makes me wonder if anyone would consider Serena Williams fat? She looks nothing like Sharapova either.
    Very annoying that there is still this attitude that to be successful, sexy, attractive, worthy or whatever you have to be tall and skinny!