ANYTHING other then food to use as fuel??

Options
1235»

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    This post is making be crazy, lol. There have to be some foods you enjoy. Right? Some?

Can you name 10 foods for us that you truly enjoy?

Not counting junk food??

No I really can't. I sat here trying to come up with ten and this is all I got.

Peanut butter
    Nuts (cashews, Almonds, etc..)
    Coffee
    Ground beef

Thats it! I mean I dunno, I just hate everything else so much these days. I dunno.

Well that's a place to start. Just be sure to take a multi if you absolutely can't eat veg and fruit.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This post is making be crazy, lol. There have to be some foods you enjoy. Right? Some?

Not counting junk food??

Peanut butter
    Coffee
    Ground beef

Thats it! I mean I dunno, I just hate everything else so much these days. I dunno.

What are your top favorite junk foods?
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wasn't there a guy who lost weight on the twinkie diet? Then there was that other guy who lost weight eating nothing but mcdonalds. It's possible to lose weight while eating "unhealthy" foods. No one cares. It's about calorie deficits.

Also someone mentioned going to the doctor. Going to the doctor couldn't hurt.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Not counting junk food??

Peanut butter
    Coffee
    Ground beef

Well, that's a good place to start.

Breakfast: a peanut butter sandwich + a multi vitamin
    Lunch: lean ground beef formed into patties and baked with some grated vegetable hidden inside
    Dinner: your choice of junk meal
    Snacks: nuts
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Can you list ten junk foods that you enjoy? You only told us beer and candy so far.
    Edited to add: I'm asking because you keep saying "other than junk food" and I suspect you must mean more than just beer and candy as I doubt that in the past you had been overweight just by drinking beer and eating candy on an otherwise empty stomach.
    Have you ever been to a restaurant and eaten something you enjoyed? What was it?
    Have you ever eaten a sandwich you enjoyed that wasn't just bread and cheese?
    Have you ever been to a family/friend's house for a home-cooked dinner and eaten something you enjoyed? What was it?
    Please give us some more information.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What I don't understand is how you got overweight if you hate eating so much.

I have a friend who says she also does not get pleasure from eating, she only eats to fuel her body. Sometimes I wish I had that problem.

Maybe eating is just going to be one of those things you have to do like paying bills and going to work. Seems like not enjoying the process should make it a lot easier to just plan what is a balanced meal with the proper amount of calories and just eat it.

I think Boost or Ensure are possibilities for you. They are meant for people who have to be on a liquid diet in hospitals. Talk to your Dr about it first though.

• XXcookiepussXX
    XXcookiepussXX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to echo what other posters said about Sensory Processing Disorder or perhaps something on the Autism Spectrum. This might be something you want to look into. My son is autistic and lives on peanut butter, yogurt, and fruit/veg squeeze pouches.

As for recommendations, perhaps fruit/veg squeeze pouches? You can suck them down real fast and get some vitamins.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Not counting junk food??

Peanut butter
    Coffee
    Ground beef

Go ahead and list every food you like.
    Different people have different ideas about what is junk food. I personally can find some value in most foods except rice cakes.
    Eat foods you do like. If you like ground beef then base meals on that instead of chicken.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

Not counting junk food??

Peanut butter
    Coffee
    Ground beef

Go ahead and list every food you like.
    Different people have different ideas about what is junk food. I personally can find some value in most foods except rice cakes.
    Eat foods you do like. If you like ground beef then base meals on that instead of chicken.

Exactly, which is why several people have asked. I am sure that with the things you have already mentioned along with some of the "junk" you haven't mentioned, you could find a balance that might be doable. I do agree with the others about getting some medical/psychological help.