Hello, I'm old

Options
13»

Replies

• welshboy22
    welshboy22 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Well , if you are old at 43yrs old I must be old as well as I am same age. I can understand how the weight goes on as you the years pass. I've lost 40lbs in last 8 weeks, 125lbs to go. If you want to add me as friend feel free to do. Would be good to have someone in the same boat as me.:smile:
  • Michelled1919
    Michelled1919 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm in the same spot as you!! 47, and need to lose lots of weight! Feel free to add me, maybe we can both start feeling younger! :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Whatever! You aren't old, you just need to start lifting :drinker:
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Ann_Marie_2x_MORE Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well, based on that - I must be twelve :) (Or at least that's what my hubby says) I love to read, and I tend to gravitate towards books that were intended for "young adults"
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am chronologically older than everyone here who has posted an age. I will be 69 in a few weeks. I am also in college, parent of two amazing kids and mother in law of two others, foster parent of two wicked funny cats, and adoring wife of 36 years to a wonderful husband.

All that said, I'm here because three months ago I felt 90. Today I feel 45. If losing 25 pounds can let me feel 24 years younger, just think what it can do for you! Look for a fool proof way of dealing with your worst demon. Mine was sugar. I learned that if I omitted sugar and salt, I kicked the cravings for them too. You are now thinking "I can't live without sugar or salt", just as I as thinking 6 months ago. Then just lightly later, I found out I was wrong.

This is a great lace to turn back time. Find your biggest fat maker and the reason for it, then kick them both to the curb. Your best self is waiting to come out to play. DO IT!
  • debipaisley
    debipaisley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am OLDER lol I am 47 and trying to find skinny me haha! Best of luck on your journey! :)
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    holy hell batman if you're old at 43 i must be ancient (i'm 48)

:sad:
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and feeling 10 years younger than I did 10 years ago! I went through the last decade getting older and sicker and more miserable by the day. Now I'm young and healthy and struttin' my stuff down the street. I've even turned a few heads (older heads, but still). Feels great! Hard work, but worth it and for life.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP off and on for about two years, and I LOVE it. It is very do-able. I decided to come on here when I lost all of my hair due to Alopecia Areata. I have Alopecia Universalis, meaning I have no hair on my entire body! That combined with the fact that I was up to almost 220 lbs KILLED my self esteem. Last year I lost almost 50 lbs, and I slowly put 20 lbs on again by moving away from MFP.

Well, like you, I'm looking for my inner skinny girl! You'll do great here. It helps motivate you to exercise and eat right. This site is built in accountability, and without it I couldn't do what I'm doing!

Good luck on your battle and your lifestyle change! You'll rock it!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggle! This is exactly what I hoped for when I logged a message on the message board - accountability. Some great friends with similar goals who I can help motivate, and who will help me stay motivated to finally changing my life.

I too have been off and on MFP for a couple of years - but this is the 1st time I'm making myself answer to other people about it.

I travel A LOT for business, and it's THOSE times that I feel I have the biggest problems staying on tasks - working out in hotel gyms, and eating right on the road. I wish I had the self control to be able to not eat every yummy goodness those dang restaurant people put on my plate.... but in the past I just wasn't able to. Wish me luck - I'll be travelling for the next two weeks - I've already logged the exercise I need to do from the hotels so that I know what I need to do before going to bed. I had to psych myself out.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Options
    When you meet your goal I bet you'll feel young again:). And good for you !!!!

I'm hoping to start feeling young WAY before I reach my goal - I would like my body to feel as young as I act sometimes....I think breaking the 200 mark for the 1st time in at least a decade would do that.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Options
    Hello.....

Feeling old too. My doctor suggested that I lose a bit of weight due to arthritis issues in legs and lower back. I'm 43 too. My eldest is in college and two other children live at home with me. Married....hubby's trying to be supportive. I wonder when I became middle aged......was in shape and slender most of my life, then 3 years ago I packed on 40+ pounds living in Italy (great food and wine).

I generally enjoy walking and biking....but this heat/humidity in Tampa is killing me. I am committing to early morning exercise to avoid these. We'll see.......

Oh honey, I COMPLETELY understand HEAT.... I'm a Texan!! For the months of July & August we try to not even GO outside.... that's why I joined a gym with an INDOOR pool!

Plus I'm too fair to be in the sun too long.
  • Ann_Marie_2x_MORE
    Options
    58 here. Video gamer, blues guitarist wannabe, harley driver, and newfound mud runner. Don't know what I'll be when I get "old". My profile is public. What you see is what you're gonna get. Send me a FR. :ohwell:

Mud running sounds FUNNNNNNNN!!! Maybe that can be my goal for this next spring, join a mud run.... or one of those Color me Rad runs. Either one looks like a ton of fun!!
  • Dainty59
    Dainty59 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome I'm here for you
  • ameliadiouf12
    Options
    Hi, Congrats on the weight loss~ can befriend me, always love new friends for this journey :) Amelia from Australia
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Haha! Old is just a state of mind I'm 53 run every other day work 12hr shifts and feel like I did at 33! Feel free to add for daily motivation support and fun.