Is it weird or illegal to go into a large hotel just to use their staircase for exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    You are trespassing which is illegal.

This is america she is NOT trespassing in an open public business that invites the public in to potentially rent them a room. She would only be Trespassing if they asked her to NOT come in..

This is the third attempt you have made at giving legal advice- zero for three= F-
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I remember I was sitting in on the steps in a hotel stairwell when an employee there came by. He said I couldn't sit there because it's a fire hazard.
    Outdoor steps, like those found at local stadiums might work. Alternatively, you could find outdoor hills.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I know this is old, but have to share my story. My mother was in ICU recently. I had spent days there sitting around and wanted to get in some activity. Found a stairwell in the ICU, not marked with anything except an Exit sign. It was 3 stories. I started running the stairs. When I was done, I came out and a male nurse was giving me looks, asking me who I was, what I was doing in there and was ordered never to do that again! He could have handled it differently, could have been a little nicer and the stairwell could have been marked. So yeah...you can get in trouble without even knowing it was wrong!
  • Aidan2552
    Aidan2552 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Illegal? Usually not. Weird? Sure, if that bothers you than use a stair climber. I've often done cardio workouts running up and down the 5 story parking garage at my university. Did I get some weird looks? Yeah, but I didn't feel bad 'cause those people were using the elevator to get from floor 1 to floor 2.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the stairs in the Hancock tower in Boston is open for 'walkers."
    There is a good chance that the taller office towers in most cities have programs or access for climbing for exercise.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    So, I know a lot of people are saying this is weird but I've been known to go to neighboring apartment complexes to do the same because they're 3+ stories and mine is only 2