Squat Plans??? Thoughts

Options
2»

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Gave a look at this body weight programme. You will get a greater benefit than just focus on squats. If you have to break it up into doable segments it still gives you a good whole body work out.

Have a read of the whole site while you are there.

Cheers, h.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

I will definitely check this out. Thank you
  • arniedog74
    Options
    dxlee7 wrote: »
    Keep moving forward. Take a rest day if you need to. Listen to your body, not your mind. If your body is too fatigued, then take a break. Just try to get in some activity ever day. Even a 30 minute walk is good for you. Good luck and keep it going.

Thank you!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I don't do 250/day. I follow Squat Challenge. Right now I'm on beginner and do from 20-50 depending on the day. I don't do weight, simply because I'm hiding in the bathroom at work, doing squats. Maybe I should just hope for it to help me tone/firm. And, log food for weight.

yes.

also, if you've been doing standard bodyweight squats for a while, you can try adding some variation to them to mix things up and make it more challenging. like jump squats, isometric squats (squat and hold at the bottom), single leg squats, sumo squats. Google squat variations , there are a zillion ways to shake things up. The idea of hundreds of standard squats over and over and over kinda sounds painful and boring and progress inhibiting.

I do different Squats. I follow the 28 Day Squat Challenge. It has variations over the days. I would definitely be bored if I did standard squats every day. I may get bored with the Challenges, eventually. But, I am trying to stick to it. Just to have something to possibly help me along.