1200 cals

Options
I'm 5'2, 154 pounds, 37yrs...trying to loose my last 21lbs but it's slowing down! Been on 1200 cal a day for ages so can't drop it anymore, still being active, anyone got any ideas!

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Eat more. A lot more.

Set your goal to "Lose 1/2 pound per week." Weigh all your food on a digital food scale.

1200 is way too low.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

I dropped 60 pounds in seven months and it took six months for the last 15. That's the way the body works. It really wants to keep those last few pounds as insurance - and you're just reinforcing the fact that there is a food shortage by not eating :shrug:.
  • PiperGirl08
    PiperGirl08 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 154 pounds, 37yrs...trying to loose my last 21lbs but it's slowing down! Been on 1200 cal a day for ages so can't drop it anymore, still being active, anyone got any ideas!

Increase you activity levels (intensity and duration). The good news is you're losing weight (congrats!). The bad news is the less you weigh, the fewer calories you burn. Also change up your exercise routing to use different muscle groups. Your body may have adapted to your current routine.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    With only 21 pounds to lose you can aim for 0.5 lbs/week... If you are not happy with your progress and eating less is not an option then you are left with 2 options...either move more or be patient and lose slowly.
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I would say, as much as that might be a really helpful flow chart. Try eating more calories. Just eat maintenance for a bit, change your work outs, see how you feel after a few weeks and then create a smaller deficit. 1200 is very low and sometimes just can't give you what you need. It's not all about eating as little as possible.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Eat more. A lot more.

Set your goal to "Lose 1/2 pound per week." Weigh all your food on a digital food scale.

1200 is way too low.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

I dropped 60 pounds in seven months and it took six months for the last 15. That's the way the body works.

Sadly at 5'2" the goals are so much smaller.

I am the same height (although lighter) and when I select 0.50lbs a week, I only get 1,310 calories.

Agree with the weigh your foods on a scale. Disagree with "eat more" when you're not losing.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I use a food scale and it is amazing the difference that I see in my weight loss. I was way, way overestimating how much food I could eat before. A digital scale is a game-changer.