feature-inba-website-ideal-body-for-fitness-model.jpg

This is what Miss @lindalee0315 was referring to I believe
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    alexzenk86 wrote: »
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Just make sure you use light weights so you don't bulk up too much

If that isn't the worst case of bro-science I've heard all day, I don't know what is.

You can lift as much as you want, your growth is mostly depended upon how much you consume. Do yourself a favor and listen to a podcast called Mind Pump. They will change they way you look at fitness and lifting. Best of luck!

Thank you I subscribed..

This "light weights" baloney has been around so long. I wish it would die. Lifting light weights isn't going to do much for anyone who isn't a beginner. Progressive overload, increasing heavy weightlifting is how you are going to see results. Compound lifts (deadlifts, squats, presses are the 'kings' of this genre) should form most of the basis of your workouts. Isolation moves are incorporated for additional strength and to build areas that are lagging. For example, the straight shoulder press only really works 1 of 3 shoulder muscles. While a great compound move, you also need lateral raises and traditional face-pulls to round out the shoulders.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    I am all for toned and slightly muscular women but there is a point when it become disgusting and gross.

This is very attractive

ppkiyfddbp4u.jpg

This is absolutely disgusting..

n9i0p379ezl5.gif

Lol

The firsr one is an idea of what I want but a little more on my arms.. Other than.. Lol
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    She's definitely not natty
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    What if you married the wrong guy?
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    "And my brother in law laughed at me and said 'eww you're gonna look like a man'"

You should tell your B-I-L that in he needs to start body building then.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »

Horrible thing to say to someone
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I disclosed my goal of bodybuilding once I'm closer to goal weight with my husband the other day..

And my brother in law laughed at me and said "eww you're gonna look like a man"

And..

My hubby looked at me and said "you can't do that" and gave me a disgusted look..

Made me think, what if my goal is unrealistic? What if I'm in over my head? :(

A little background, I'm 5'4. 24. And I have a 100 pounds to lose give or take. I may readjust my goals the closer I get.

You should google photos of women who "casual" body build. (Not professional women athletes but your avg amazing lifter chick.)

They don't look like men. Or your dudes know a lot of girly looking body builders.. but then thats on them not you.

Im not surprised at their reaction of shock, but your hubby not being more supportive is a bit surprising. I fully intend to get into lifting once I do more homework on form. It is an amazing way to burn calories AND look amazing when I get to goal weight. I hope you educate yourself and your hubby and gain confidence. Youre going to look AMAZING!!!!!

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Funny, two guys I know were talking about one of their girlfriends getting to strong and were saying it was gross. I called them sexist. Because that's all it is.

Your life ISN'T about being attractive to other people. It's about being attractive to YOU and doing what you want to do.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you feel happy.
    As long as it doesn't become an obsession and all you talk about and do. but if you feel it will make you happy then go for it
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Who cares what anyone else thinks. Do what makes you happy! My hubby doesn't care for tattoos and I'm going to get a rather large piece on my flank. My body, my rules.

How very selfish of you....

What if he decided to start smoking pot every day or using hard drugs ? His body his rules right ?? Or what if he started sleeping with that cute waitress at the dinner where he goes out to lunch everyday ?? His body his rule right ????

A marriage is not about "ME" it is about "US" as in we're a team... maybe you missed that part.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Who cares what anyone else thinks. Do what makes you happy! My hubby doesn't care for tattoos and I'm going to get a rather large piece on my flank. My body, my rules.

What if he decided to start smoking pot every day or using hard drugs ? His body his rules right ?? Or what if he started sleeping with that cute waitress at the dinner where he goes out to lunch everyday ?? His body his rule right ????

A marriage is not about "ME" it is about "US" as in we're a team... maybe you missed that part.

I have to agree with this one. There has to be some give and take in a marriage but there's going to be problems in the neighborhood when you stop considering the thoughts and concerns of your significant other in your decision making processes. Now, if you're man knew that you liked tatoos before you got married and that you wanted to get a big one some day, he was forewarned. However, doing what you're doing could start a pretty bad trend in the relationship.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I am all for toned and slightly muscular women but there is a point when it become disgusting and gross.

This is very attractive

ppkiyfddbp4u.jpg

n9i0p379ezl5.gif

Lol

The firsr one is an idea of what I want but a little more on my arms.. Other than.. Lol

There's someone for everyone. There's guys out there that would find both attractive. Just not your thing? That's cool but don't be judgmental.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    edited April 2016
    Options

This was blown out of context.. Calm down..
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

This is very attractive

ppkiyfddbp4u.jpg

n9i0p379ezl5.gif

Lol

There's someone for everyone. There's guys out there that would find both attractive. Just not your thing? That's cool but don't be judgmental.

I don't know how I was being judgemental.. But okay..
  • headofphat
    Options

Horrible thing to say to someone

Well I didn't tell her she did only posed the question but thanks for chiming in.
  • headofphat
    Options

This is very attractive

ppkiyfddbp4u.jpg

n9i0p379ezl5.gif

Lol

Well you did post a picture of a body builder and say that she is absolutely disgusting. Just sayin.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

This is very attractive

ppkiyfddbp4u.jpg

n9i0p379ezl5.gif

Lol

Well you did post a picture of a body builder and say that she is absolutely disgusting. Just sayin.

No she didn't, it was quoted from a different poster.