Focus T25 by Shaun T - Just starting. Accountability and motivation.

Options
1252627282931»

Replies

• marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Morning guys!

Just finished Cardio and ready to start my day. Today we move to our new apartment so it will be a long day. Have a good one!
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind welcome @marinabrazil :smile:

So I started Alpha on Monday, I do modify throughout the exercises and so far Total Body Circuit is the one that killed me. But I get a feeling of accomplishment every time I complete a T25 workout. My program now is T25 each morning before work Monday to Friday (I will do double day tomorrow as it is suggested). Then each Monday, Wednesday and Friday evening I do CIZE (I am currently in week 4) and every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I do Zumba. Sundays will be only stretch and recovery days, maybe I will take a long walk or something so I won't sit on my butt all day.

By the way I love CIZE! As someone with a few years of dancing lessons on my back I really love this kind of cardio exercize. Shaun T breaks up the routines wonderfully, he's a very talented instructor, and he also incorporates classic workout moves (like lunges or squats) in the dancing routines. This way you are so hyped about dancing you dont even realize you are actually doing squats! :smiley:
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I need a rest day! Stat!! LOL Wk 1 and I struggled through both Beta's Core Cardio + Upper Focus. :p

Keep up the work everyone, it's not always easy! But so worth it.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    Options
    Ok, I'm glad I like Total Body Circuit because it occurs a lot in week 4 and 5 of Alpha.
  • reclaimmylife4mfp
    reclaimmylife4mfp Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @olymp1a That one was tough for me too, but I'm really starting to like it. Lower is the one that still gets me.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    @olymp1a That one was tough for me too, but I'm really starting to like it. Lower is the one that still gets me.

Well I'll see how it goes the next time but I'm really dreading it! lol

I did lower focus on Friday (double day so I did it after cardio) and although me quads and glutes were burning even 12 hours after, I really enjoyed it. :smile:
  • tauro123
    tauro123 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hey,

This is my first time on Fitness pal and this is the first time i am doing focus T25, i am on week 2 day 3, anyone here in September doing the workout?
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Morning y'all!

Just finished day 2 of my last week of Alpha. Had never done JUST Ab Intervals in one day, so it felt like a breeze. However, it is a good break for a THREE DAY TBC week! I have felt incredibly frustrated by the fact that I am the same weight as when I started a month ago. A had lost 4 pounds, and than I gained it all back. I am hoping it is muscle weight, because I haven't been doing bad on my diet other than eating a little bit over my goal on weekends. It sucks big time having to see that same weight look back at me on the scale

Snap, I was meant to do week 5 last week but was on hols, so although I did my weights I was naughty and gave myself a break from t25.

So tonight was chalean extreme week 4 push circuit 1 and then t25 week 5 day 2 ab intervals. Gah. :#

BTW If it helps at all, according to my scales, the 5lbs I managed to lose, magically came back over a 2 day weekend (how is that even possible??) though I still ate well/cleanly and within my calories. Ugh!!

Keep going though everyone!! xx
  • olymp1a
    Options
    tauro123 wrote: »
    Hey,

This is my first time on Fitness pal and this is the first time i am doing focus T25, i am on week 2 day 3, anyone here in September doing the workout?

I'm on week 2 day 2 and it's my first time doing the program as well. How does it go for you? Total Body Circuit is my worst nightmare (I knew I had to do it today before work and I saw Shaun T in my sleep telling me to keep going lol). Good thing is I felt I did better today than last week.
  • Sapphire_Elf
    Sapphire_Elf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop t25 alpha phase complete. Start beta on sunday - gulp!!! :o
  • santandr77
    santandr77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sarochka85 wrote: »
    Hiya. We are the same height and weight (5"7, hover around 70kg), but I'm 31. Glad you beat cancer- so young, my God, poor thing.

I now do a couple of t25 workouts a week. I love them (especially Alpha Cardio... it isn't the hardest, but enjoyable) but am too flighty to stick with one programme.

I don't see how you could fail to get fit doing these workouts. I'd be so slim if I
    didn't eat like a sodding pig!

Good luck!

Same here.
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My quad pull turned out to be a lot more troublesome than previously thought. I'm not back to doing T25 yet, because I'm afraid the squats and lunges will aggravate it again, but I am doing Cize until I'm ready.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    My quad pull turned out to be a lot more troublesome than previously thought. I'm not back to doing T25 yet, because I'm afraid the squats and lunges will aggravate it again, but I am doing Cize until I'm ready.

Which routine are you doing in Cize currently?

I'm doing T25 in the morning and then alternate between cize and zumba in the evenings. I'm currently doing routine 5 and really really love it! :smile:
  • amylw1996
    amylw1996 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I was wondering how long it took you guys to start losing weight with T25? I'm about to end week 2 of Alpha and although I definitely feel lighter and more fit, I haven't lost a pound
  • olymp1a
    Options
    amylw1996 wrote: »
    Hi there! I was wondering how long it took you guys to start losing weight with T25? I'm about to end week 2 of Alpha and although I definitely feel lighter and more fit, I haven't lost a pound
    I lost 2.8 lbs total the first 2 weeks. I just finished week 3 and still haven't seen any move at the scale, it's exactly where it was on Monday. However I tend to retain water from the workouts so I will weigh again on Monday morning after the rest days to see if my weight dropped.

The most important though is that I slowly but surely see my body changing. What food plan do you follow?

• Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ok, so I did 3 T25 workouts this morning; Speed 2.0, Upper Focus & Core Speed. Think I am addicted!! I did 3 different T25 workouts yesterday...... including a Gamma round. :o:o So far I have lost 33lbs/15kgs. I think I am close to my goal weight but won't know till I get on my drs scales on the 28th. Hope you are all staying focused and doing it how ever you can!!
    Edit: I am on week 4 Beta btw.