What a wonderful post!! :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump again:drinker:
  • msladydove
    msladydove Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Very nice post. I think there are always people around that are so ready to try and steal your joy. They are so afraid to give a compliment. I think it is a way for THEM to think THEY have some kind of control...

Thing is, I feel good about my accomplishments and that is something NO one can take away from me.

Thanks for a wonderful post!!
  • AurraSing23
    Options
    I love this post!! And just a few more thoughts...

My fiance is always telling me "don't let people live in your head for free"...what he means is that you shouldn't give power to other people to determine how you feel because of their opinions.

I am the only me there is--I want to be the best me I can be. If I can congratulate myself for working hard and being a little bit better today than yesterday, then I have success. Big accomplishments are made up of small steps.

Why are we nicer to other people than to ourselves? Why do we put ourselves down, when we would never talk to anyone else that badly?

Look in the mirror. Love yourself.

(BTW--I am chiming in here as a positive affirmation. It's hard to always hold on and be positive--but I am trying.)