Options
2»

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    Hi I am back after a break (as had a baby ☺️)
    Is there anyone else doing a low carb high fat diet?

@becwana welcome back and congratulations.

I have been LCHF for 18 months to manage my arthritis joint and muscle pain and one of many positive side effects in my case was some weight left after the pain was managed by my new Way Of Eating. While I lost my fat face first the scales did not drop even one pound for the first six weeks but the pain dropped from a subjective level of 7-8 to 2-3 in the first 30 days of this WOE.

Best of success.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group This MFP group has a list of great resources and support on different ways people may do LCHF.

It is not a magical way to lose weight but it is the one WOE in my 65 years that wiped out my cravings for all food types.
  • acurt18
    acurt18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi all. I'm new to keto as of yesterday and need some serious motivation to stay on track!
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try under 100g of carbs per day (I clock in at around 150g most days). I love food too much. But I don't eat carbs for dinner.
  • nathan0726
    nathan0726 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a week in! Feel free to add me everyone!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I began my LCHF way of eating about 10 days ago.

I am absolutely blown away by how GREAT I feel! I can't express it enough. I definitely had a sugar and carb addiction. I felt terrible all the time and until now, didn't know why.

After the first couple days I felt like I came out of the sugar induced fog - Now I feel clear headed, energetic, and vibrant again!! I actually have energy to clean my house, work on my feet all day, and exercise again.

When I was in the sugar/carb addiction cycle I was sore and achey all the time, tired all the time, lacking motivation in life. I would do the bare minimum at work and then come home and flop on the couch, tired. I can't believe I let that go on for so long. Whether I lose weight or not, this way of eating has helped me SO MUCH just by relieving the ongoing general aching and soreness in my body and boosting my energy levels back up.

I have 100 lbs to lose... a long road. I am not counting calories and have no plans to count calories anytime soon. I know myself and that is not the right way for me. I will keep going with the low carb/high protein way and moving more. I have incorporated in other well-being practices as well. I am excited to see where things are at in a few months : ) I have hope! : )
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I STARTED THE KETO DIET EXACTLY ONE WEEK AGO AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. AND I'VE HAD THE ENERGY TO WALK 21 MILES IN 7 DAYS. I LOVE IT. OH AND IT ELIMINATED DIABETES, I THREW THE MEDS AWAY !!!

I'M NOT SURE WHY YOU ARE YELLING, YOU MUST BE EXCITED!!! Caps locks is generally considered yelling, and it's hard to read. I find it concerning that you chose to throw away your medications after only one week. It would seem prudent to continue to monitor for a while and discuss this with your doctor. Likewise, for anyone else. It's great to make changes that improve your health through diet, but it seems like it would be a good idea to keep you medical practitioners in the loop.

OP, I'm not keto, but I do wish you all the best. If you have medical reasons for it, then please keep your medical team on board. If it's because this way of eating works for you, then that's great.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I STARTED THE KETO DIET EXACTLY ONE WEEK AGO AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. AND I'VE HAD THE ENERGY TO WALK 21 MILES IN 7 DAYS. I LOVE IT. OH AND IT ELIMINATED DIABETES, I THREW THE MEDS AWAY !!!

That is kind of like burning your ships so the army knows they either win and get to go home or they die where they are. We read of 1-2 weeks fixing of BG levels but some take much longer. Best of success.
  • kaszay
    kaszay Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im trying a carbnite solution. Im after my first carbnitr and now its time for week 2 . i started diet 12 weeks ago and lost 15lb since then. Looking for another 15 to go.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    kaszay wrote: »
    Hi. Im trying a carbnite solution. Im after my first carbnitr and now its time for week 2 . i started diet 12 weeks ago and lost 15lb since then. Looking for another 15 to go.

IMO, if it works for you that's awesome. I am also a fan of having a cheat meal once a week to keep the body in guessing. BUT, I don't know why the CarbNITE solution suggests eating a box of donuts or a whole pizza for that cheat meal. That could ruin your whole weeks worth of progress. My cheats usually consist of lower caloric items compared to donuts and pizza but I also make sure to get a good workout in before or after to ensure not much progress is lost (i.e. popcorn/tortilla chips/graham crackers). BUT again, if it works for you than by all means.
    Good Luck! :)
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I do low carb, try to keep it under 75g a day. I find that is a happy medium for me and most days I'm well under. And I make sure to get my carbs from foods that are nutritious; ie, fruits and veggies. I stay away from pasta/breads etc. But, I also count calories. As calories in vs out, still matters. You can't eat more than you burn and expect to lose weight.