Hello! Anyone else on a keto diet?

Options
becwana
becwana Posts: 157 Member
Hi I am back after a break (as had a baby ☺️)
Is there anyone else doing a low carb high fat diet?

Replies

• monnasofthree081013
    Options
    Yes started on Monday I feel great !
  • becwana
    Options
    I started last year and felt amazing - fell of the wagon when I fell pregnant but back to it now and really excited to feel the benefits again.
    Its nice to see some likeminded souls
  • BettyLawlz
    BettyLawlz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to, but my BGL in the morning is throwing me off!
  • becwana
    Options
    Oh no bettylawlz! Are you waking up with cravings or not feeling great?
    Yeah I hate counting points and stuff but do find this app helpful for keeping to my macros ratio (more or less).
    My biggest barrier is the cost of everything!! This way of eating is virtually unheard of in the uk do not many products geared towards low carb eating - hence I end up ordering stuff of Amazon and paying a pretty penny for it!
  • sfrommey
    sfrommey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Been doing it since feb. Lost 22lbs and counting!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm more on the LCHF end then KETO. I have a few more carbs from extra vegetables throughout the day but I eat zero bread/pasta/potatoes and limit the starchy veggies. I love this WOE and won't ever go back. I've been on it since before New Years. Love Love Love. The only thing I miss is popcorn but I make sure to allow it in my macros from time to time (usually once a week as a treat).
  • understandable
    understandable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive had success with keto but low calorie works well when i hit 15% and want to drop to 8% for summer.
  • juliacougarrrr
    juliacougarrrr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to Keto (as of Tuesday) but an old hand at yo-yo dieting. I think I have an addiction to carbs or something...the more I eat, the more I crave (and bloat ugh). But this seems to be breaking that cycle for me. I am feeling good after the first couple of days and have energy and no bloated feeling
  • hstemler
    hstemler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto today. Purchased Keto OS (arrived yesterday) and started on it today with Keto OS shake and Bulletproof Coffee. By afternoon my Keto Stick showed that I was Negative (in Ketosis). I'm looking for help on getting my eating plan in line as I had very few guidelines before beginning. Found Ruled.me online which has helped. I feel really good after my first day!
  • becwana
    Options
    Good luck!! I found mariamindbodyhealth.com and ibreatheimhungry.com really useful and would really recommend reading grain brain and wheat belly if you need any motivation!! Once I started really looking into what excessive carbs do in the body it really helped me stick it out!!
  • ingibjorgosk737
    ingibjorgosk737 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am! Never felt better ! :) you can add me if you want :) i sometimes post food related stuff on snapchat too :) its "ingibjosk" :)
  • slimyhoard
    slimyhoard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i started keto yesterday! still trying to wrap my head around it but so far so good !!
  • dianebow1968
    dianebow1968 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    becwana wrote: »
    Hi I am back after a break (as had a baby ☺️)
    Is there anyone else doing a low carb high fat diet?

I'm on low carb but not keto as it makes me poorly :neutral: good luck :)
  • akosdarkoa
    akosdarkoa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hstemler wrote: »
    I just started Keto today. Purchased Keto OS (arrived yesterday) and started on it today with Keto OS shake and Bulletproof Coffee. By afternoon my Keto Stick showed that I was Negative (in Ketosis). I'm looking for help on getting my eating plan in line as I had very few guidelines before beginning. Found Ruled.me online which has helped. I feel really good after my first day!

try ketogenic Dieters on FB grt place to learn
  • f97jake
    f97jake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried low carb but wasnt eating enough fats, so I'm definetly going to try again some day but for now I'm just cycling my carbs.
  • ricosuave614
    ricosuave614 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I STARTED THE KETO DIET EXACTLY ONE WEEK AGO AND ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. AND I'VE HAD THE ENERGY TO WALK 21 MILES IN 7 DAYS. I LOVE IT. OH AND IT ELIMINATED DIABETES, I THREW THE MEDS AWAY !!!
  • ricosuave614
    Options
    CAN I ADD SOME OF YOU KETO FOLK ?
  • ricosuave614
    Options
    BettyLawlz wrote: »
    I'm trying to, but my BGL in the morning is throwing me off!

JUST MAKE SURE YOU EAT SOMETHING WITH CARBS IN IT BEFORE BED AND YOU WILL WAKE UP IN THE PERFECT BGL ZONE. I CHECK MINE EVERY MORNING AND EVENING AND ALWAYS WAKE UP 10 POINTS HIGHER THAN WHEN I WENT TO SLEEP.
  • mwilson2701goals
    mwilson2701goals Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here
  • becwana
    Options
    CAN I ADD SOME OF YOU KETO FOLK ?

Yep always happy to get support from likeminded folk!

I find it really hard as none of my friends or people I talk to about this way of eating seem to get it - they think it is just a really faddy diet whereas I feel that I have become enlightened to just how bad the average modern diet is and don't want to go back - whenever I slip back to old habits I feel like crap - heartburn, bloating, lethargy and it really affects my mood too!