I got advised not to look like a guy today

Options
bonitacash08
bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
I was asking a coworker what the muscles on your shoulders by your neck are called (trapezius btw.. learn something new every day!). I was excitedly telling her how all my overhead presses are paying off and how they are really the only muscle I can see on my body not covered by a little layer of pudge. She was congratulating me and all was butterflies, peaches, and rainbows...

UNTIL..

This lady next to me said "JUST DON'T LOOK LIKE A GUY"..

What. In. The. Actual. Eff.

First of all, that type of "advice" is crap.

I kindly tried explaining to her that girls don't have the testosterone to look like that without supplements and LOTS of food, and someone following my routine definitely won't look like that. She insisted that she's seen girls who look like that before, then started doing the passive aggressive humming she always does when I say something she doesn't agree with.

You guys can probably already tell she:
1. Works out at a VERY posh gym
2. Has worked with bodybuilders and nutritionists
3. Has an opinion on everything fitness related

Replies

• GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ignore the know it all! Think back on the butterflies, peaches and rainbows and have a great weekend! :drinker:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh.....lifting!! I have been looking more and more like a man these days......I think I might be starting to grow a penis even!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Someone must has tinkled in her coffee this morning. Ignore the rude wench.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Sound advice, IMO.

"Just don't look like a guy!"

Mission accomplished.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh.....lifting!! I have been looking more and more like a man these days......I think I might be starting to grow a penis even!

I can help check that for you. I won't even care if it's true. :laugh:
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show how ignorant she is!! And that was very rude of her to say!! Keep up lifting and you can show her how great you'll look without looking like a man!!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

In for your penis.:drinker:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Uneducated wench is uneducated.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I can relate only I actually had a personal trainer tell me to not lift heavy or even lift at all, because I will look like a guy and lifting is counter productive to weight loss, that I needed to spend over an hour every day on the treadmill. I guess I should either be a hamster or a guy....... I will pick looking like a guy :laugh: :laugh:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options

NO.

YOU'RE MINE.

Carry on OP
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Ignore the know it all! Think back on the butterflies, peaches and rainbows and have a great weekend! :drinker:

Yup, this!

What does she exactly expect you to say to that?! - "Gee, thanks! I didn't think of that before, but now that I have I realise that any hard work in the weight-room will blatantly make me grow a penis and a mustache. No man will ever find that attractive! Better stop that right now and get back in the kitchen!" :grumble:

Some people are so ignorant! SMH
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just ask her if she will give you shaving tips when you start to grow a beard.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hum back at her. In a really deep voice.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options

You are such a kind, helpful man ronrob!! So selfless! :flowerforyou:
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I get the same comments...and I'v even straight...:laugh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

NO.

YOU'RE MINE.

Carry on OP

:angry:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    Options
    Just ask her if she will give you shaving tips when you start to grow a beard.

:laugh:

You are simply awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I've already checked thoroughly. She's in the clear and I love her sexy man body.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    IN for Traps.

Plz share?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

lmao