What food should you not be allowed near

Options
2»

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    My son went to San Franciso.. Came home with Jelly Belly Jelly beans from the factory there for me.. I put them in the bottom drawer so I don't have to look at them.. They call to me everyday.. I can never eat just one..or one handful.. or one bag.. I'll eat the ENTIRE 40 oz BAG and then i'll be fighting the urge to go get more.. <3 love them.. great gift! very thoughtful.. but.. man.. one serving is NEVER enough..

PS: To peel eggs.. get a super sharp knife.. cut them in half shell on.. scoop egg out of shell. :)

to peel garlic.. smash down the middle with palm (to seperate the cloves), put the pieces in a bowl.. cover with another bowl.. shake the crap out of it.. viola peeled garlic.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Food colouring. Whenever I'm decorating cakes, I end up with more food colouring on my hands, arms, neck, anywhere else than actually in the icing.

Also anything readymade. We've always cooked from scratch in my parents house. I just don't understand what to do with stuff like pre-cooked noodles or lasagna mix. Always goes wrong.
  • erikkmcvay
    erikkmcvay Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've decided I shouldn't be allowed near hard-boiled eggs. I grew up eating eggs only occasionally and never liked them, but in the last year or so I've been eating a lot more eggs, including hard-boiled eggs (which I used to HATE!). I've mastered not getting the insides to turn green and chalky, but I CANNOT properly peel a hard-boiled egg. I have visited numerous websites offering tips on this activity, but my eggs still look like a chewed up mess :P

So, what foods should you be banned from, cause you just can't seem to get them right?

Why peel? Try cutting them. Once you've boiled them quickly rinse in cold water to make peeling easier OR just take a butter knife and cut them in half and use a teaspoon to scoop out the egg ;)
  • gpiercebutler
    gpiercebutler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't cook brownies. Everyone rose can make gorgeous most brownies, I use exactly the same recipe, following it to the letter and they are either dry or still liquid.

I cannot blind bake pastry. The bottom is always a little bit soggy
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oooh yes! I forgot to include the step of diping the eggs in cold water right after they are done. Thats important too!!

For the bacon one, I bake mine...put them on a sheet pan in an even layer, and bake at 350 for about 10-15m. They get super crispy and are layed flat too, not all twisty and crazy looking. Baking time is really forgiving too, cause Ive forgotten them in there and they didnt burn, just extra extra crispy lol. But then thats perfect for making crumbled bacon. Bonus: no bacon grease all over the kitchen from frying (the reason I started doing this), and if you save bacon grease, its really clear, unlike when you pan fry.
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    lower the temperature
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Microwavable Pork Rinds. - they cook for 2 minutes in the mircowave and I always end up burning or singeing them!
  • laurapeepee
    Options
    Baked desserts. Because I really cannot bake.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    pre-packaged pop corn...even if I am standing there waiting for it.....always burns
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    pre-packaged pop corn...even if I am standing there waiting for it.....always burns

I nearly set the house on fire making microwave popcorn! Don't trust the popcorn setting!!