When you have to change your pants..

Options
Because they're just way too big now.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    When you can slip them over your hips without unbuttoning. Lol. At a dog park, I had dog jump on me and pull my skirt down. Don't let this happen to you. Freakin' embarrassing :)
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Lol i bet.. I changed them tho. I haven't worn them in a while and im like WOW.

All of my clothes are getting looser but i'm trying to wait to lose 13 more lbs before i shop.. That was gonna be the reward for that goal/needing summer clothes.. Lol
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    When you can slip them over your hips without unbuttoning. Lol. At a dog park, I had dog jump on me and pull my skirt down. Don't let this happen to you. Freakin' embarrassing :)

Ha, I once lost my pants wiping out on a ski slope. It was both embarrassing and cold. Taught me the importance of properly sized pants, or at least, a properly sized belt!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »

Ha, I once lost my pants wiping out on a ski slope. It was both embarrassing and cold. Taught me the importance of properly sized pants, or at least, a properly sized belt!

LOL! Brrrr! A belt is always a good idea and nice underwear. I was wearing pretty undies, still embarrassing as hell.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Even worse is losing swimtrunks after a dive...
  • queenliz99
    Options

All of my clothes are getting looser but i'm trying to wait to lose 13 more lbs before i shop.. That was gonna be the reward for that goal/needing summer clothes.. Lol

You are doing great!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Properly sized sweat pants are not to be neglected either... Them squats are deadly to oversized pants. :flushed:
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options

^^^^^^
    This!
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When losing and at a transition size I was traveling. The local airport just put in a new security screening device that required I remove my belt and put my hands over my head-I was not prepared. Luckily, my pants did not fall down during the scan; but had I moved even a little they easily could have!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    When losing and at a transition size I was traveling. The local airport just put in a new security screening device that required I remove my belt and put my hands over my head-I was not prepared. Luckily, my pants did not fall down during the scan; but had I moved even a little they easily could have!

Ah, yeah, I have to be very careful about what pants I wear when I'm flying, for just that reason. Rather than buy lots of pants in each new size I reach, I buy one in each new size, and continue to wear the pants for the next two larger sizes as well. Whichever ones are +4 inches from my current size can be quite tricky to keep up unaided.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of dress shorts I wore to work and when I first got them I was wearing spanx under them. I wore them not long ago it was to the point where they hung low and the *kitten* was sagging (I have a huge bum so this never happens). They have now gone to live in the top cupboard for when I get round to cleaning out my wardrobe.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores are great for cheap jeans and pants to wear while you're in between sizes and still have weight to lose. I found some great ones that got me through for just a few bucks.
  • sarahfadell87
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Thrift stores are great for cheap jeans and pants to wear while you're in between sizes and still have weight to lose. I found some great ones that got me through for just a few bucks.
    This is a great idea.. Thanks
  • sarahfadell87
    Options

You are doing great!

Thank you so much!
  • sarahfadell87
    Options
    How nice to hear stories about unexpectedly having to change pants that don't involve Alli. :D
    How nice to hear stories about unexpectedly having to change pants that don't involve Alli. :D

I was gonna try that stuff.. Luckily i'm smart enough to read reviews lol
  • sarahfadell87
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »

I'm glad that all worked out for you..

But if you gotta lose pants I suppose weightloss is a great enough reason haha
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

This is what I expecting when I opened this thread!

Awesome feeling, OP! I love being able to pull my biggest pants off and on without the zipper/button being undone.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

A belt can cover you for a long time if there's belt loops. In fact, my smallest shorts are size 16 and I now wear a 10... so I'm belting everything because I still have 10-20 lbs to lose.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    At first it was really fun & my friend gave me her hand me downs which made it so easy. That was when I went from a 12 to a 10 and then again from a 10 to an 8. Now the 8s are all getting huge and it's not as fun because I actually have to shop. And I planned on stopping at size 6 but now I'm not so sure that will work out with my weight goal since the sizes went down faster than I anticipated. Anyway, for the first time this week it began to feel like a lot of pressure to make good decisions, stick to a budget & pull together a professional appearance. That's a lot harder! I like having a small wardrobe but the constant turnover has gotten to me. My jackets are the same and a few of my tops. But everything else has completely changed three times over. I don't feel like I have a 'look' anymore or a fashion point of view. It's unsettling.