Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

When you have to change your pants..

Because they're just way too big now.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    When you can slip them over your hips without unbuttoning. Lol. At a dog park, I had dog jump on me and pull my skirt down. Don't let this happen to you. Freakin' embarrassing :)
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Lol i bet.. I changed them tho. I haven't worn them in a while and im like WOW.

All of my clothes are getting looser but i'm trying to wait to lose 13 more lbs before i shop.. That was gonna be the reward for that goal/needing summer clothes.. Lol
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    When you can slip them over your hips without unbuttoning. Lol. At a dog park, I had dog jump on me and pull my skirt down. Don't let this happen to you. Freakin' embarrassing :)

Ha, I once lost my pants wiping out on a ski slope. It was both embarrassing and cold. Taught me the importance of properly sized pants, or at least, a properly sized belt!
  • queenliz99
    rankinsect wrote: »

Ha, I once lost my pants wiping out on a ski slope. It was both embarrassing and cold. Taught me the importance of properly sized pants, or at least, a properly sized belt!

LOL! Brrrr! A belt is always a good idea and nice underwear. I was wearing pretty undies, still embarrassing as hell.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member

Even worse is losing swimtrunks after a dive...
  • queenliz99

All of my clothes are getting looser but i'm trying to wait to lose 13 more lbs before i shop.. That was gonna be the reward for that goal/needing summer clothes.. Lol

You are doing great!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Properly sized sweat pants are not to be neglected either... Them squats are deadly to oversized pants. :flushed:
  • IowaHomeGirl
    IowaHomeGirl Posts: 40 Member

^^^^^^
    This!
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    When losing and at a transition size I was traveling. The local airport just put in a new security screening device that required I remove my belt and put my hands over my head-I was not prepared. Luckily, my pants did not fall down during the scan; but had I moved even a little they easily could have!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    RobD520 wrote: »
    When losing and at a transition size I was traveling. The local airport just put in a new security screening device that required I remove my belt and put my hands over my head-I was not prepared. Luckily, my pants did not fall down during the scan; but had I moved even a little they easily could have!

Ah, yeah, I have to be very careful about what pants I wear when I'm flying, for just that reason. Rather than buy lots of pants in each new size I reach, I buy one in each new size, and continue to wear the pants for the next two larger sizes as well. Whichever ones are +4 inches from my current size can be quite tricky to keep up unaided.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    I had a pair of dress shorts I wore to work and when I first got them I was wearing spanx under them. I wore them not long ago it was to the point where they hung low and the *kitten* was sagging (I have a huge bum so this never happens). They have now gone to live in the top cupboard for when I get round to cleaning out my wardrobe.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Thrift stores are great for cheap jeans and pants to wear while you're in between sizes and still have weight to lose. I found some great ones that got me through for just a few bucks.
  • sarahfadell87
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Thrift stores are great for cheap jeans and pants to wear while you're in between sizes and still have weight to lose. I found some great ones that got me through for just a few bucks.
    This is a great idea.. Thanks
  • sarahfadell87

You are doing great!

Thank you so much!
  • sarahfadell87
    How nice to hear stories about unexpectedly having to change pants that don't involve Alli. :D
    How nice to hear stories about unexpectedly having to change pants that don't involve Alli. :D

I was gonna try that stuff.. Luckily i'm smart enough to read reviews lol
  • sarahfadell87
    RobD520 wrote: »

I'm glad that all worked out for you..

But if you gotta lose pants I suppose weightloss is a great enough reason haha
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member

This is what I expecting when I opened this thread!

Awesome feeling, OP! I love being able to pull my biggest pants off and on without the zipper/button being undone.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member

A belt can cover you for a long time if there's belt loops. In fact, my smallest shorts are size 16 and I now wear a 10... so I'm belting everything because I still have 10-20 lbs to lose.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    At first it was really fun & my friend gave me her hand me downs which made it so easy. That was when I went from a 12 to a 10 and then again from a 10 to an 8. Now the 8s are all getting huge and it's not as fun because I actually have to shop. And I planned on stopping at size 6 but now I'm not so sure that will work out with my weight goal since the sizes went down faster than I anticipated. Anyway, for the first time this week it began to feel like a lot of pressure to make good decisions, stick to a budget & pull together a professional appearance. That's a lot harder! I like having a small wardrobe but the constant turnover has gotten to me. My jackets are the same and a few of my tops. But everything else has completely changed three times over. I don't feel like I have a 'look' anymore or a fashion point of view. It's unsettling.