1300 calories and no weight loss in 10 days what am idoing wrong

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Also, don't eat right before bed. Your body does not digest food unless you're awake, so going to sleep right after eating means the food undergoes cell division inside your body, and it's like you ate twice as much.
    The chemical compounds in diet soda attach themselves to the cell membrane of fat cells, causing them to be 27%bigger, which then triggers Starvation Mode.

Thanks for the laughs!

(Peeps - he's joking.)
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    skinnybythanksgiving Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    She's not losing weight. That means she's eating too much.
    I don't think I should eat less than 1300 I usually eat 1200 1300 wouldn't be too healthy especially because im breastfeeding

Congratulations on your new addition to the family. While breastfeeding you shouldn't eat below 1800 calories a day. Breastfeeding burns between 850 and 1000 calories a day. I'd hate for your little one to not get enough nourishment.

http://www.thebump.com/a/lose-weight-breastfeeding
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This was me before! After eating well and working out. I GAINED five pounds in the first threes weeks!!!!!!
    Instead if giving up I kept doing it.

The next week I lost 5 pounds. I then went on to lose 60 pounds in five months.

Dont give up. Eat healthy, work out. If you are at a calorie deficit you will end up losing weight!

Sometimes we retain water and crazy stuff......just keep going. It will happen for you!

#justdoit #dontgiveup! #itwillwork!
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    OP, it didn't take you 10 days to gain the weight, and it will take more than 10 days to lose it. You need to be patient. This is a journey, not a sprint.
  • TeraGC
    TeraGC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
    WTF is a mustard peanut drink?
    Do you have any advice or bored trolling?
    I gave you some advice. Take it or don't. But you may want to loosen up if you're posting on a public message board.

P.S. I still don't know what a mustard peanut drink is. Anyone?

I feel fairly certain she's just missing some comma's.... mustard, peanut, drink etc...
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    tac_ur_it wrote: »
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
    I gave you some advice. Take it or don't. But you may want to loosen up if you're posting on a public message board.

I feel fairly certain she's just missing some comma's.... mustard, peanut, drink etc...
    Nope! She confirmed that she mixes ground peanuts with water and mustard. Hey, if she likes it! :-)
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Lifting the baby is whats doing it. Added weight from the new muscles build up. She's losing, but the muscle build up from baby lifting is throwing off the numbers.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I think either commas or the word "or" were implied: (mustard, peanut, drink that goes into...); (mustard or peanut or drink that goes into ...). Basically saying EVERYTHING is logged.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    jwcanfield wrote: »

I think either commas or the word "or" were implied: (mustard, peanut, drink that goes into...); (mustard or peanut or drink that goes into ...). Basically saying EVERYTHING is logged.

One would think, but no, she's confirmed that's an actual drink she makes.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I feel like I need popcorn for this thread (logging it, natch)

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    @jwcanfield & @tac_ur_it - Nope. She confirmed that it's a drink that she makes.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    What even is this thread at this point?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    ctop2 wrote: »
    Not losing weight doesn't always mean you're eating too much. If she's eating too little her body will go into starvation mode and then she won't lose weight either. Everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you.

There has to be one at every post... NO..that is not a thing.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Yup obligatory starvation mode comment and the added bonus of a diet soda has tons of sodium comment.

It's like MFP Board Bingo!
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    How does a standard thread like this turn into... that?
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight doesn't always mean you're eating too much. If she's eating too little her body will go into starvation mode and then she won't lose weight either. Everyone is different and you have to figure out what works for you.

OMG there is soooo much bad info on this thread it astounds me! Starvation mode is not a thing, if it was, anorexics wouldn't die. Use some logic. You aren't the only one but this just stuck out and I didn't want to quote all the bad advice given. I'm beginning to think that MFP isn't so great after all. I'm starting to create a spreadsheet of foods I eat, and the proper amounts/calories per serving so I can create my own menu/database and keep accurate track of macros and nutrients as it seems MFP entries are so off.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

amyepdx wrote: »

There has to be one at every post... NO..that is not a thing.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

Yup obligatory starvation mode comment and the added bonus of a diet soda has tons of sodium comment.

It's like MFP Board Bingo!

There are so many options to choose from when making a board!