1300 calories and no weight loss in 10 days what am idoing wrong

Options

Replies

• groetzinger659
    groetzinger659 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    well Maybe its the new trend to skip breakfast but in my experience-my workouts were lacking in enough energy if I didn't prefuel properly. I workout at noontime. I cant eat an hour before otherwise I burp it up-that's why I encourage small breakfast of proteins and complex carbs.

Actually I have a guy at work who did the high protein diet and cut carbs-he DID get weight loss. it was a month long-he said the first 2 weeks were really hard because we love carbs but he got seriously ripped by the end of the month. Now I don't recommend this for everyone. Especially us girls who have different calorie needs than men BUT I find that using some of the mens guidelines as far as what to eat when helps give me that extra drive to push myself during my workouts.

If OP is walking now-try finding roads that have steeper hills. Walking on a flat surface is good but for more bang for your buck-find hills and or carry 2lb weights in your hands. you don't have to run-but steady and slow always wins the race. Its hard when you have kids to care for but sometimes maybe there is a field or park that has steep hills? Maybe the kids will have fun running up and down the hill while you do your walking up and down? Sometimes we just have to push ourselves abit more.
  • shadowmanlocal
    shadowmanlocal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    it could be you need to stimulate your metabolism . Also check that your numbers are accurate . I ve lost 154 lbs since July 2014 ( another 42 lbs to go to target weight ) . I hit several sticking points on the way - I used acupuncture with an excellent therapist to boost metabolism and tried to hit 7000 calories per week deficit but not always achieved -daily intake 1800 ( based on low carb low cal but never hungry ! )
    daily output 2800 ( jogging and swimming to up the margin ) Its a marathon not a sprint and sometimes you have to be patient and stick with it until the scales behave again !!! Best of luck !!!!!
  • ArielleMarieB
    ArielleMarieB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    She's not losing weight. That means she's eating too much.
    I don't think I should eat less than 1300 I usually eat 1200 1300 wouldn't be too healthy especially because im breastfeeding

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh right before shark week. It's always disappointing. I usually gain 2-3lbs right before. I bet you see a nice loss once you get past your period. Keep up the good work.

I second this. I also love that you call it Shark Week :)
  • groetzinger659
    groetzinger659 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you are breast feeding then you would need the extra calories to feed the child I would think. I don't know the facts but I would think that you would need as much as you need until you are done breastfeeding..others?? what are your thoughts??
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    this question keeps getting asked but you're not answering it:

do you weigh all your food with a digital food scale?

• debbiesteinman
    debbiesteinman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP -- I have been in a plateau for over 6 months now. Not gaining or losing. I have been diligent every day with tracking my foods and working out 6 days a week (3 days weight training, 3 days cardio) at the gym. Was told now to track sugar levels 25-30 grams a day as I am carb sensitive. Man is it hard to do as I like my fruits but on my 1300-1400 calorie intake I just do not lose any weight. I will start to track sugar and carbs now to see if this makes any change occur. Have any of you reached this type of plateau and what did you do to get your body burning the fat off?
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    By far, the most likely culprit is something isn't getting measured correctly.
    I promise I'm not advising lowering your calorie goals below 1200 ;)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you are breast feeding then you would need the extra calories to feed the child I would think. I don't know the facts but I would think that you would need as much as you need until you are done breastfeeding..others?? what are your thoughts??

Generally it's an additional 300-500 calories added to your goal (there are entries to log it as either exercise or a negative-calorie food), but I think MFP recommends that you double-check with your doc first.
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is good. I really need a scale or something to measure out exactly how much I put into my body. I have an a 1100 diet plan, which prob' more like a 200-2500 cal diet plan. Interesting.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    ketorach wrote: »
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
    WTF is a mustard peanut drink?
    Do you have any advice or bored trolling?
    I gave you some advice. Take it or don't. But you may want to loosen up if you're posting on a public message board.

P.S. I still don't know what a mustard peanut drink is. Anyone?

Seems like an online challenge of some kind... aka chubby bunny,etc.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 weeks, you are just before TOM, and you are doing some new exercises. There is simply no way to know whether you've lost weight or how much, the scale result will be off due to water retention, probably. So one option is just keep it up and be patient and take some measurements as well as maybe weighing again in a week. (I personally like weighing daily to get familiar with the fluctuations, but I know some get neurotic about it and it can be bad for them.)

With breastfeeding a true 1300 calories is probably too low (I agree that checking with your doctor is a good idea).

You might be eating more than 1300 calories because sometimes there are tricks with tracking (how you measure, what entries you pick) that take a little while to get right. If you want to open your diary people could give you pointers. That said, I think it's too soon to conclude that anything is wrong because of the normal fluctuations and likely water retention.