1300 calories and no weight loss in 10 days what am idoing wrong

Options

Replies

• groetzinger659
    groetzinger659 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    also don't skip breakfast. I gained most my weight by not eating at proper times. I used to hold off eating until noon. And now I force myself to eat small meals through out the morning-by the afternoon-I am not as hungry and don't need to stuff my face.

I haven't lost weight BUT I have stayed at the same weight for 2 months-but I only started logging my food the past week. And see where I could have made better choices. But I definitely consume more than 2000 calories a day. I workout hard daily with weights. In the past walking or cardio hasn't really helped me. Once I started lifting heavier weights-everything else falls into place. I am still at the beginning like you but I love how I feel like accomplishing something when I push myself to go higher on my reps and weights. I use tools around the house as I don't have any weights but soon I have to go to the gym-I am running out of heavy things to lift.

Don't give up. We all are in the same boat.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options

Just going to point out that, that's not how Fitbit works. Fitbit doesn't give calories on MFP for exercise. It adjusts your calories if your activity level is set to low.
    For some people it will overestimate burns and for others (like myself) it can underestimate.

I see! FitBit is the only device I can call by name.
    The main point I was trying to get across was that overestimating exercise can cause problems, just like underestimating calorie intake.

• ArielleMarieB
    ArielleMarieB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
    WTF is a mustard peanut drink?
    Do you have any advice or bored trolling?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Just going to point out that, that's not how Fitbit works. Fitbit doesn't give calories on MFP for exercise. It adjusts your calories if your activity level is set to low.
    For some people it will overestimate burns and for others (like myself) it can underestimate.

I see! FitBit is the only device I can call by name.
    The main point I was trying to get across was that overestimating exercise can cause problems, just like underestimating calorie intake.

I do agree with that. Just wanted to make sure lurkers didn't get the wrong idea. All calorie burn and intake stuff definitely needs to be adjusted based on what actually happens when your accurately tracking. It's all estimates after all.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat

but do you log is accurately using a food scale and correct entries....

regardless if this is just from April 1 (moving more) your log says 11lbs down so the new exercise is probably causing fluid retention along with TOM.
  • axelanderson35
    axelanderson35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's also important what KIND of calories you're eating. The body is not a simple calorie in/calorie out arithmetic equation. Hormones, particularly insluin and the lipoprotein lipase that it signals, play a major part in whether fatty acids can actually flow out of your fat cells or not. It's crucial to know how the food you eat influences the body's production of weight-regulation hormones. So what's the breakdown of your macronutrients? In other words, what percentage of your daily calorie intake comes from fat, protein, and carbohydrate?
  • ArielleMarieB
    ArielleMarieB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nope deff not eating to many calories. My net is 1300 and most of the time I end at 1250 and track every drop of mustard peanut drink that goes into my mouth.
    I gave you some advice. Take it or don't. But you may want to loosen up if you're posting on a public message board.

P.S. I still don't know what a mustard peanut drink is. Anyone?
    It's my obsession drink. Just like it sounds I grind up some peanuts with a little water and a tsp or 2 of mustard
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's also important what KIND of calories you're eating. The body is not a simple calorie in/calorie out arithmetic equation. Hormones, particularly insluin and the lipoprotein lipase that it signals, play a major part in whether fatty acids can actually flow out of your fat cells or not. It's crucial to know how the food you eat influences the body's production of weight-regulation hormones. So what's the breakdown of your macronutrients? In other words, what percentage of your daily calorie intake comes from fat, protein, and carbohydrate?

for weight loss yes it is...

macros are for health calories for weight.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I gave you some advice. Take it or don't. But you may want to loosen up if you're posting on a public message board.

P.S. I still don't know what a mustard peanut drink is. Anyone?
    It's my obsession drink. Just like it sounds I grind up some peanuts with a little water and a tsp or 2 of mustard
    I had never heard of such a thing, which is why I asked. I do like honey mustard roasted nuts, so I guess it's not that weird.

• angela3356
    angela3356 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I won't go above 1300. Usually I'm at 1200-1250. Yesterday after I logged my 60 minute hike it told me to eat 1600 calories I ate 1350

granted, none of us here are experts, and everyone will have their own opinion/answer, BUT did you think that maybe you aren't eating ENOUGH? If you aren't giving your body enough fuel it'll hold on to what it's already got to support itself. Think of your body like a car-you need ALL of the fluids PLUS the maintenance to make it run properly.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    OP it may be TOM, or it may be inaccurate logging (weigh all solids, and double check which database entries you're using as many are incorrect). Also, it doesn't matter that you are eating less calories than you ate before. You have to eat less calories than your body is using for weight loss.
  • axelanderson35
    axelanderson35 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    It's also important what KIND of calories you're eating. The body is not a simple calorie in/calorie out arithmetic equation.

for weight loss yes it is...

macros are for health calories for weight.

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. In a great many studies, low-carbohydrate diets have been shown to be more effective (sometimes MUCH more effective) for losing weight than other diets. There is a mechanism for this, as well. Dietary carbohydrate drives serum glucose. Serum glucose triggers insulin production. Insulin is our bodies' main hormone for the regulation of the flow of fatty acids into and out of fat cells. In short, more carbs means more insulin. More insulin means less fat loss.

Don't take my word for it. I encourage you to examine the literature. The studies below are a good start.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17341711
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa022637
    http://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-3476(02)40206-5/abstract?cc=y=
    http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2002-021480
    http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=217514
    http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=717451
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC538279/
    http://www.andjrnl.org/article/S0002-8223(05)01151-X/abstract