After work blues

Options
2»

Replies

• Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The daytime is harder for me because I work a desk job and I have access to so much good food. I do most of my eating before 5pm. When I get home I don't have much of an appetite but I'll graze a bit after the gym. But I always leave the majority of calories just in case. So for a 1,500 calorie goal 800 calories are spread over breakfast and lunch. Why don't you try that?
  • JLPersall
    JLPersall Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cup of hot coffee, or hot tea or diet cocoa helps me. Has to be hot though. Helps me relax which is what I think my body is doing when I walk in the door and want to eat everything. Busy helps some,but I have to be in kitchen cooking dinner and that hour is tough. Music on phone dancing about getting steps in while I stir whats on stove too.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    kimirayray wrote: »
    I would be skinny if it weren't for the p.m. hours. I eat perfectly all day long, but the time between after work and dinner and after dinner is where I fade off. Anyone else? I don't need help with what to eat and what not to eat. I need a shrink I think! For willpower.

i workout after work, before dinner. find something to occupy your time
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    It IS a habit... and there is a def difference between being hungry and a craving/habit. I am always extremely busy after work, after dinner, etc. but I do enjoy a little TV time and a tea before bed, to wind down. That hour window is when I enjoy a few snacks... rather than eliminating it all together or fighting the urge I did a few things.

1. I accepted the fact that I am going to have a snack or two in the evening with my tea (habit or not), so I leave room in my calorie target each day for that.
    2. I changed the items that I snack on. Instead of unhealthy snacks (high sodium/fat/processed), I snack on fruit, popcorn, a little bit of dark chocolate, whole grain crackers, etc.
    3. I practice portion control - I don't just grab a bag or box and sit down with it. I portion out the snack(s) accordingly in a small plate or whatever and put the package away. When I'm done with the portion, I am done.