High fat low carb

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you want to loose weight, yes you must count calories on Keto. No matter what diet you are on, the simple principle of burning more calories than you eat is what makes you loose weight. Various diets exist because everyone has their own way of being happy while loosing weight.

On keto, you aim to stay under a carb goal, aim to hit a protein goal, and eat fats to feel full, up to a specific amount.

I use this calc : http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

This is what the calc comes out to for me:

1388 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    40 g Carbs (12%, 160 kcal)
    91 g Protein (26%, 364 kcal)
    96 g Fat (62%, 864 kcal)

so you see, I stay under 40g of carbs. I aim to eat 91 grams of protein. Then I eat up to 96g of fat. Obviously the less fat you eat the more of a calorie deficit you have which = more weight lost. This calc, however, is at a deficit for me so I do aim to eat close to those calories most days.

THM is an utter scam to me. It's an over complicated system that pushes their own branded items for their recipes.

Want to loose weight? Eat less calories. Pick a diet or system for you that you can live with.

Eating fewer calories doesn't necessarily mean counting calories.
  • LisaTobyHopeLewis
    LisaTobyHopeLewis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sammyre12 wrote: »
    I watched Emily Skye on live chat the other day and she said to stay full feeling and not binge eat at night she eats high fats and low carbs during the day and high carbs and low fat at night. Of course I can find stuff online but I was just wondering if anyone had neat or different recipes. I don't like eating the same things all the time. Boring!! Jalapeño popper chicken sounds super yummy!!cheesy567 I actually usually eat that for breakfast already :)

Pinterest is full of amazing recipes just search low carb low calorie meal plans
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    Do you feel that eating this way helps with weight loss or are the calories much higher?

I feel I get much more food for less calories this way and their much more satiating.

I can totally see how this would be more satiating. My sister does trim healthy mama and says the same thing. The only thing I don't quite understand is the calorie part of it since higher fats would be more caloric. I need to check out some recipes or meals. Would you mind listing some that you use?

Yes. Fat has more calories but what the person said above is correct:I stay within my calories. And this is done bc I limit the amount of carbs. For example, I'm at 1500 calories with roughly 140 grams of protein, 50-70 grams of carbs or less and 80-90 grams of fat or less. I fill up on the protein and high fiber-non starchy veggies and add in the fat where I'm allowed. Veggies and avocado are really the only carbs I eat (well and peanut butter) but I eat so many of the veggies that I reach my carb count and feel full!

So how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I want to be your size! :smile: also, with your 1500 calorie diet, are you maintaining or able to lose weight with this setting and do you eat back your calories from exercise? Sorry for all the ?'s just trying to figure out what to do. 1200 calories has helped me to lose 21 lbs at 146.5 but today was up to 149 :neutral: and I'm 5'6. I've just been feeling famished lately!
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Do you feel that eating this way helps with weight loss or are the calories much higher?

I feel I get much more food for less calories this way and their much more satiating.

I can totally see how this would be more satiating. My sister does trim healthy mama and says the same thing. The only thing I don't quite understand is the calorie part of it since higher fats would be more caloric. I need to check out some recipes or meals. Would you mind listing some that you use?

Yes. Fat has more calories but what the person said above is correct:I stay within my calories. And this is done bc I limit the amount of carbs. For example, I'm at 1500 calories with roughly 140 grams of protein, 50-70 grams of carbs or less and 80-90 grams of fat or less. I fill up on the protein and high fiber-non starchy veggies and add in the fat where I'm allowed. Veggies and avocado are really the only carbs I eat (well and peanut butter) but I eat so many of the veggies that I reach my carb count and feel full!

So how much do you weigh and how tall are you? I want to be your size! :smile: also, with your 1500 calorie diet, are you maintaining or able to lose weight with this setting and do you eat back your calories from exercise? Sorry for all the ?'s just trying to figure out what to do. 1200 calories has helped me to lose 21 lbs at 146.5 but today was up to 149 :neutral: and I'm 5'6. I've just been feeling famished lately!

I am 6'0" tall and I started at 186 in January and I'm now at 175.4. I'm also athletic and I'm training for an Olympic Triathlon and a 60 mile relay race next month. My goal is to get down to 160 but my real goal is to have a 6 pack by the time of my Bachelorette party in July. I've got the top 2, I just need the bottom 4!!! I rarely eat back All my exercise calories. Like yesterday, I burned 700 and I ate 1633 instead of the 1540 I set myself at. Today I burned 1000 this morning on my run but my food log is at 1496. The end goal is your weekly deficit and I tend to eat a little more on the weekends just because so that extra 1000 I earned today could help me out if I eat say 2000 calories on Saturday instead of the typical 1500.
    And I don't mind the questions. This way works for me and I certainly don't feel like I'm starving my body.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I am 6'0" tall and I started at 186 in January and I'm now at 175.4. I'm also athletic and I'm training for an Olympic Triathlon and a 60 mile relay race next month. My goal is to get down to 160 but my real goal is to have a 6 pack by the time of my Bachelorette party in July. I've got the top 2, I just need the bottom 4!!! I rarely eat back All my exercise calories. Like yesterday, I burned 700 and I ate 1633 instead of the 1540 I set myself at. Today I burned 1000 this morning on my run but my food log is at 1496. The end goal is your weekly deficit and I tend to eat a little more on the weekends just because so that extra 1000 I earned today could help me out if I eat say 2000 calories on Saturday instead of the typical 1500.
    And I don't mind the questions. This way works for me and I certainly don't feel like I'm starving my body.

Wow! That's amazing!! You sound super healthy and what you're doing is obviously working! Thanks for your support.