Gamers, geeks, pop culture lovers looking to add friends? Here ya go

Options

Replies

• pezzynez
    pezzynez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I play ps4 and magic the gathering also love silent hill, anything marvel and power rangers
  • VonicaFlear
    VonicaFlear Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    TaymanL wrote: »
    I used to be a big gamer but haven't really been into much anymore, really kinda stuck on the ps2-and earlier ages (but I still love those classics like old school Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, etc!).

Recently started getting into DC/marvel shows and movies. The only comic I read now a days is The Walking Dead (also keep up with the show). Love books like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Lord of the Rings.

I'm also a huge nerd when it comes to real crime info. I'm addicted to ID and read books about serial killers, unsolved murders, and missing persons constantly! Which is a little less common.

This is just a tiny look into to things. Totally up for talking more and adding friends!

God I still play the old pokemon GBA games sometimes.

I think new games just aren't nearly as good as the old ones so I just keep playing my classics!

Very true, old school games are awesome. I still crack out the ps1 every now and then

Pokémon soul silver was pretty good, but I guess it's sort of on the precipice of retro and just old lol
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    My new home! How you all doing?!
  • robertmusser
    robertmusser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to be a big gamer but haven't really been into much anymore, really kinda stuck on the ps2-and earlier ages (but I still love those classics like old school Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, etc!).

Recently started getting into DC/marvel shows and movies. The only comic I read now a days is The Walking Dead (also keep up with the show). Love books like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Lord of the Rings.

I'm also a huge nerd when it comes to real crime info. I'm addicted to ID and read books about serial killers, unsolved murders, and missing persons constantly! Which is a little less common.

This is just a tiny look into to things. Totally up for talking more and adding friends!

I think new games just aren't nearly as good as the old ones so I just keep playing my classics!

Very true, old school games are awesome. I still crack out the ps1 every now and then

Pokémon soul silver was pretty good, but I guess it's sort of on the precipice of retro and just old lol

I've still got a functional NES. I've been playing through Zelda 2 with my 5 year old.

Also, hi everybody. Feel free to add me, I'd love to make some new friends with similar interests and fitness goals.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Gaming- Playing Battlfield 1 at the moment, just finished borderlands 1 for the first time recently, likely about to start mass effect andromeda despite peoples hatred for it. Played a lot of games over the years, wow, skyrim, witcher, doom, wolfenstein, commander keen, xargon......

TV- seem to watch a lot of sci fi, fantasy shows like doctor who, saw that 50th anniversary day of the doctor thing at the movies. Watching kill joys and iron fist at the moment. If it has magic or time travel or sci fi in it, i probably have watched it, even shameful things like teen wolf or true blood :neutral:

Comics-barely read any comics, gave deadpool a go way back when the movies were first being talked about. Kept seeing screenshots that made me laugh.

Books- The last few books I read were all the witcher books. Got half of one book to go before I have read them all, or at least all the main stories. Not a big reader, i think because I am too slow at reading, or something.

Anime- Not a big fan, watched ghost in the shell SAC and 2nd gig, and Voices from a distant star, thats about it if you dont count things like pokemon or dragon ball z.

I think thats it for main nerdy/geeky areas of interest, right?

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'll be at Fan Expo Dallas in one week :grin::grin::grin:
  • Merkavar
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Someone wrote:
    Witcher 3 is AWESOME

I know! I love Geralt so much. I'm normally really bad at open world games and get stressed out by too many options but for Witcher 3 it's a lot easier to stay on task or choose to go off track if I want to. It's so fun

read any of the witcher books?
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I have my ps2 hooked up but mostly play my ps1 games. I love it still, sorta makes me feel old though hahah
  • VonicaFlear
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Someone wrote:
    Witcher 3 is AWESOME

I know! I love Geralt so much. I'm normally really bad at open world games and get stressed out by too many options but for Witcher 3 it's a lot easier to stay on task or choose to go off track if I want to. It's so fun

read any of the witcher books?

Not yet, I'd like to when I manage to get some free time though. Currently doing an Honours thesis so not sure when I'll actually be "free" again lol
  • VonicaFlear
    Options

I've still got a functional NES. I've been playing through Zelda 2 with my 5 year old.

Also, hi everybody. Feel free to add me, I'd love to make some new friends with similar interests and fitness goals.

Ah cool. I have a super Nintendo so I think that's one generation later than the NES right? I have supermario for the SNES which I am a master speedrunner at :D
  • TaymanL
    TaymanL Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I'm torn between Pokemon yellow or emerald being my favourite pkn game lol
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm not really into comics, but I love the Marvel movies. I'm a die-hard tabletop game fan. Pathfinder, Catan, Dominion, just to name a few.
  • VonicaFlear
    Options

I'm torn between Pokemon yellow or emerald being my favourite pkn game lol

Yellow was definitely good. The GameCube games were actually pretty good too
    hdrenollet wrote: »
    I'm not really into comics, but I love the Marvel movies. I'm a die-hard tabletop game fan. Pathfinder, Catan, Dominion, just to name a few.

Cards against humanity?? :D
  • Merkavar
    Options
    hdrenollet wrote: »

Cards against humanity?? :D

Never play that with your mum, scar you for life.

• TheArchyBunker
    Options
    Oldest system I got is a Vic-22 Commodore. Then of course NES, SNES, Wii, XBox, Xbox 360, XBone, mainly prefer PC gaming. EVE Online is my vice when my TBI isn't flaring up to the point of vertigo staring at the screen.
  • AndyN87
    AndyN87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ooh I like this thread :smile:

I can't say I have any understanding of the anime/manga stuff, not that I'm opposed to it, I just never got into it. PC Gaming and science fiction are what I love, though. FPS, RTS, and RPGs for gaming. Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, bring it all on when it comes to Sci-Fi.

I've been fortunate enough to also attend DragonCon a few times. That's some crazy fun.
  • TheArchyBunker
    Options
    Did you say Star Wars?
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    WELL, I'M A DORK. GEEKS ARE SMART...lol!
    comics (about to start The Walking Dead whisperer war), manga, anime...almost any animation really.
    super hero movies and shows. Riverdale...go ahead and laugh.
    games, obviously. currently going through Rise of the Tomb Raider (I think I'm close to the end) and The Last Guardian on PS4. Danganronpa 2 on Vita. Dead Head Fred on PSP. Blaster Master 0 on 3DS!

I love the walking dead comics! They are great, the whisper war story line is pretty good, it picks things up a lot because it's been petty slow every since the all out war ended. I am a few issues behind from being up to date. I have them here just haven't gotten a chance to read them.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Almost time!!

6ozl4noc9ey5.jpg
  • Teddykoda
    Teddykoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there I'm an anime/cartoon lover, pc gamer, and cosplayer from Massachusetts. Currently working on a cosplay for Anime Boston. Who's going?