An Open Letter to Cottage Cheese

Options
Dear cottage cheese -

I want to apologize. I have talked a lot of smack about you and you don't deserve that. You've never been a staple in my diet and I have always said many bad things about you.

The truth is, I tried you once as a child and at that point, you were probably the worst thing I ever tasted. I'm not sure why it took me close to twenty years to give you a second chance - but a few days ago, in a moment of braveness, I picked you up and brought you home.

You sat around for another three days before I had the courage to try you - and the truth is, you're actually not so bad. I could get used to you.

Thanks for being full of protein and having different varieties and stuff.

Sincerely,
Me.

Ps I'd like to extend similar apologies to foods like avocado and Greek yogurt.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Try it with apples, walnuts and a little cinnamon. YUM!
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    Try it with apples, walnuts and a little cinnamon. YUM!

I may have to! I'll have to get a plain flavor first - the one I picked up is like a chive & onion flavor. :D
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I used to like it as a kid but then I suddenly hated it. Now I have a newfound love for it again. Cottage cheese with some chives and pepper with crackers is such a tasty snack
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just can't with cottage cheese. I want to like it but I just can't get past the lumpiness.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and crushed pineapple, or frozen blueberries, or with fresh cantaloupe makes a nice light meal or snack.
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I eat it every single day. Love my cottage cheese!
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I used to like it as a kid but then I suddenly hated it. Now I have a newfound love for it again. Cottage cheese with some chives and pepper with crackers is such a tasty snack

That's the kind I bought and that's what I did. I also had it with egg in a sort of sandwich this morning.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like it with pepper and Italian seasoning, some crushed red pepper or with lots of fresh chopped veggies mixed in.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I didn't know cottage cheese came in different flavors. I guess it's been a while since I've had it, too!

My favorite was always cottage cheese with pineapple though. I might need to get back into that.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Options
    I didn't know cottage cheese came in different flavors. I guess it's been a while since I've had it, too!

My favorite was always cottage cheese with pineapple though. I might need to get back into that.

Boy, does it ever! I don't think I would have had the courage to get it if I had to get plain stuff. Maybe one day.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Just had some with pineapple for brunch. Delicious!
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with just some pepper on top. So delicious.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only get it with pineapple. My sister hates it. If I wasn't weighing out my portions, I'd probably eat the whole tub.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I used to eat it as a kid but it seems so salty to me now.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just can't with cottage cheese. I want to like it but I just can't get past the lumpiness.

some of the recipes i have actually call for blending it-so it's smooth
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    I used to eat it as a kid but it seems so salty to me now.
    add jam
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like it w raisins.
  • adventuresally
    adventuresally Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Plain cottage cheese is great mixed with olive tapenade, or Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    Dear Chi,

That was big of you to admit. Thank you for that. (The avocado and greek yogurt families also thank you. The yogurts can be so sour sometimes so this is big of them!).

My friends, Protein Powder, PB2 and CinnamonandSplenda request they be invited to a mixer altho I prefer to be one on one with them. ;) )

Sincerely,

Cottage Cheese
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and peaches. so good.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Dear Chi,

That was big of you to admit. Thank you for that. (The avocado and greek yogurt families also thank you. The yogurts can be so sour sometimes so this is big of them!).

My friends, Protein Powder, PB2 and CinnamonandSplenda request they be invited to a mixer altho I prefer to be one on one with them. ;) )

Sincerely,

Cottage Cheese

Thank you, Cottage Cheese. I appreciate that you took the time to respond to me. It means a lot. I will definitely consider that in the future.

From,
    Chi