Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Will nano tech really let humans live longer and longer?

Options
2»

Replies

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I want some. Who do I send a check to?

Pricing this technology would be interesting because one would want to charge as much as possible but yet avoid the severe public relations disaster and regulatory reaction from going too far. Then, we have the risks of overcrowding and severe economic disparity that would naturally result from allowing the billionaires who would first be able to afford it to live forever. Would society develop into two groups, those wealthy enough to become immortal and who would eventually control all capital, and the remaining mortal serfs?

I'd pay 8.75 (matinee) to see that. Is it in 3D?
    snikkins wrote: »

Pricing this technology would be interesting because one would want to charge as much as possible but yet avoid the severe public relations disaster and regulatory reaction from going too far. Then, we have the risks of overcrowding and severe economic disparity that would naturally result from allowing the billionaires who would first be able to afford it to live forever. Would society develop into two groups, those wealthy enough to become immortal and who would eventually control all capital, and the remaining mortal serfs?

Pretty sure this was supposed to be the plot of Jupiter Ascending. :lol:

Worst.movie.ever.
    Wait, what were we talking about?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

Pretty sure this was supposed to be the plot of Jupiter Ascending. :lol:

The tomato meter rates that one a 26. I haven't seen it, but if that's the plot they can do better.

It's a B movie, for sure. It's campy and there's plot holes and all that good stuff. Maybe one to watch to heckle after a couple of beers?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Wow! The matinee locally is $6 but $7 of 3D.

Criminal now showing shows the brain info transfer technology concept plus I thought it was a good movie. The science writers seem to run 20-40 years of the implementation of new technologies. Nano tech some think is going to be a game changer. Flipping gene expression will be huge for sure.

I have been so confused. Then I realized this did not say manatee. I was trying to figure out this new monetary system...