Running

Options
How many days a week should I run if trying to lose weight? Right now I run every other day

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    cardio helps increase your calorie deficit but it will not help you out run a bad diet. to lose weight you need to eat at a calorie deficit. running helps but it alone will not cause weight loss
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    cardio helps increase your calorie deficit but it will not help you out run a bad diet. to lose weight you need to eat at a calorie deficit. running helps but it alone will not cause weight loss

This.
  • gdyment
    gdyment Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    How many days a week should I run if trying to lose weight? Right now I run every other day

Try 5 days a week with 2 off - maybe mon and fri off, make sun the longest one of the week.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Depends on how long you have been running for. Just as others have said, running will help you create the calorie deficit you need to lose weight, but it all goes back to what you do in the kitchen. If you are just starting, it is wise to not exceed 3 days a week. This will allow your body to adjust to the new activities. Just with any other sport, doing too much too soon will lead to injury and put a sour taste for running in your mouth.