Replies

• jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    With Doritos!
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with pineapple chunks! OMG! YUMMY! o:)
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Having it 'savory' is so yum!

I like to mix tuna (even the canned varieties taste good in this!), cottage cheese (I use dry curd cottage cheese - much lower in sodium and higher in protein than regular cottage cheese), and put avocado. red onion/spices maybe salsa on a large romaine lettuce leaf with some aged balsamic vinegar.
  • sstini55
    sstini55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    As a smoothie. Cottage cheese, almond milk, blackberries or raspberries, fresh ginger, raw honey, flax & chia seeds.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    with a spoon. its too messy to eat with my fingers.
  • mave36
    mave36 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I love it. As the cheese in a cheeseburger with fried onions is my fave. Also have it with a salad, on top of a jacket potato, or straight from the tub.

Never thought about putting it in a burger....genius!
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love it with Greek yogurt and almond butter! Delish!
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just found one at Whole Foods with Kalamata Olives and probiotics (called Good Culture) - I LOVE kalamata's in there, there is garlic too. I often add salsa, smoked salmon, capers, and sri racha!
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    My favorite way ever is to eat it with sliced black olives and some type of tortilla or baked chip.
  • IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1. Plain with Salt & Pepper
    2. (summer only) Garden-fresh tomato slices topped with cottage cheese, salt&pepper
    3. With sliced pineapple or peaches
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I just realised I've never thought of cottage cheese as anything other than savoury... having it with fruit sounds odd to me. I'll give it a go though.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Pepper. Loads and loads of ground black pepper.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love it plain. I never add anything to it, but if I did it would be savory. I like it on the side with a savory meal and if it mixes a bit with my omelet or vegetables or potatoes, that's tasty.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i don't like savory.
    i love it with strawberry jam
  • call3na
    call3na Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I serve it with: baked sweet potatoes; quinoa & roasted veg; mixed beans & sausage casserole; with salad...

Never tried it in a sweet version!
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jams009 wrote: »
    I just realised I've never thought of cottage cheese as anything other than savoury... having it with fruit sounds odd to me. I'll give it a go though.

That's what i thought... unless cottage cheese taste way different than how i'm imagining it?

I'll try it both ways, i guess. I'll buy the cottage cheese with the "fruit flips" and see which, or if, i even like it.

Thanks everyone for the replies by the way!!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    With pork rinds and black pepper, or with some SF preserves mixed in.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Freeze dried dill and chives.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well... i'm actually sitting here eating some now. And i have to admit, i don't exactly hate it. The texture is extremely weird though. Though i'm not liking it with fruit. Definitely a savory thing for me. I would love to try it with some veggies! Or some toast. Next time :)
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    In place of mayo in salad - with chicken, tomato and green leaves