How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I use it as the base for salad dressing, for example, 56 g cottage cheese, 1 t olive oil, and a little mustard. Did that yesterday for a salad with ham and swiss. Today's salad will be turkey and cheddar, so I think I will mix the cottage cheese with some whole berry cranberry sauce.

When I have about 200 calories left for a bedtime snack, I mix cottage cheese with 4 ounces of applesauce.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to toast an English muffin, place sliced tomato on top, cover in cottage cheese and sprinkle with black pepper. I eat it as an open faced sandwich and it's awesome.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    With most any fruit and salted. Or with fresh tomato and salt.
  • arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed with sugar free strawberry jello mix and crushed pineapple.
  • shadowlike
    shadowlike Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mixed with scoop of whey (chocolate peanut butter is awesome), 20-30 grams of some cereal and finished with a sprinkle of cinnamon is one of my basic meals. I also use a low-fat version, so if I want my fats higher I can mix in some peanut butter.
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I like it with fruits like grapes, mangoes, and strawberries.
  • kvbart
    kvbart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I top mine with crunchy almond butter or mixed in with a can of tuna and a squirt of dijon mustard.
  • Loperinnen
    Loperinnen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    With fruits, berries or in a salad. Banana, cinnamon and CC is a favourite. With half frozen strawberries it almost tastes like rice pudding. And I have recently started making scrambled eggs with it, mixing half'n half. We also make small pancakes with cottage cheese.
    You can also mix it with a bit of greek yoghurt, add some agave syrup or vanilla seeds, and have it as a dessert with fruit when you have cravings for something sweet. The possibilities are endless :)
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Pineapple & crushed macadamian nuts

• AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    In a cake, baked with a graham cracker crust with lots of whipped cream on top.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I either buy the cottage cheese doubles with strawberry. Or i eat it with sliced strawberries or drizzled with honey and a piece of toast. My mom loved eating it with salt and pepper. Fruit, honey, toast and crackers would be good. Its your choice. Its very versatile. I love it plain too its amazing.
  • davidjohnbriggs
    davidjohnbriggs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mixed with chives and black pepper on top of a jacket potatoe + side salad + sometimes baked beans
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    With a spoon, sometimes a fork. ;)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    so far just plain with a little pepper. Havent loved the store bought fruit ones. Going to try pico today.
  • mrspaws91
    mrspaws91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like both sweet and savory:
    plain, with black pepper
    with chopped apples and cinnamon
    with pineapple
    with sliced green onion and black pepper
    on any mixed green salad
    as part of a salad with peaches and french dressing
    with tomatoes
    with broccoli, onion and red pepper in an omelet
    instead of ricotta cheese in pasta dishes

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    With a spoon, from the container ;)
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with greek yogurt, plain or vanilla! :)
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    In a blender with artichoke hearts, garlic & red chili flakes. Makes a fine dip for veg or crackers.
    Or blended with salsa verde as a dip for tortilla chips or topping for enchiladas.
  • emstewart95
    emstewart95 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    On a rice cake or with a ryvita
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and peaches. I have to try the cottage cheese and fresh garden tomato slices!