Cottage Cheese

Options
So I just tried cottage cheese for the first time with apple slices which was okay at first but eventually it was hard to eat. Any suggestions to make cottage cheese taste better?!

Replies

• JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have the same response from cottage cheese. Something about it gets my gag reflex after a few bites and I don't usually have any problem eating things that taste iffy.
  • annemama
    annemama Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some sugar-free maple syrup and chopped nuts. Mmmm...
  • astitchinthyme
    astitchinthyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mixed berries, sliced peaches, pineapple tidbits, and those little mixed fruit cups are all good over cottage cheese. I like the Lactaid brand .
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mixed berries, sliced peaches, pineapple tidbits, and those little mixed fruit cups are all good over cottage cheese. I like the Lactaid brand .

this is how I eat it, and i love it

except I dont use the Lactaid brand, I like Daisy 2%
  • sunshine0529
    sunshine0529 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the cottage cheese doubles. They are wonderful.
  • MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese. The only way I can eat it is:

Mix 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Stir in 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (I use Greek); top with 1 cup berries of your choice (I use strawberries). This is just over 200 calories and full of protein... DELISH!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    You really have to find the right brand. For example, I can't stand Daisy or Dean, but I love Prairie Farm. At least that would be my advice.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe try some sugar-free maple syrup and chopped nuts. Mmmm...

Sounds yummy (except my patriotic duty as a Canadian would be to use real maple syrup :laugh: )

Cottage cheese is definitely an acquired taste. I also like to just put some on a green salad with a little black pepper.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You can buy cottage cheese with pineapple in it in England,which is nice. There's also an onion and chives version. I never eat much of it though, just as part of a salad.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like mine with diced tomatoes and avocado litttle pepper
    Or
    Some jelly.. starwberry is my fav.
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have it with raisins, banana and/or nuts. But then again, I love cottage cheese.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    So I just tried cottage cheese for the first time with apple slices which was okay at first but eventually it was hard to eat. Any suggestions to make cottage cheese taste better?!

The only time I eat cottage cheese, is if I have jacket potatoes (large potato cooked in its skin in the oven for anybody not familiar with that term).

It is quite tasty on those.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You can buy cottage cheese with pineapple in it in England,which is nice. There's also an onion and chives version. I never eat much of it though, just as part of a salad.

I forgot about that, yes that is very tasty - too tasty for me though, I end up eating it all LOL
  • adorbis
    adorbis Posts: 11
    Options
    I like it with applesauce. I love cottage cheese though, so the taste doesn't bother me too much.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    savory , add cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, black pepper to taste
    sweet, add cinnamon, stevia (or honey), raisins, and puree pumpkin
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, tasty and more protein than yogurt. I blend it into my protein shake in the morning; cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder and strawberries. Yummy!
  • Still_Standing
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Now I got plenty of ideas for my next shopping trip! :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I love Dairy Gold 2% cottage cheese and I mix in a little strawberry jam with it.
  • natgenereux
    Options
    Mix it with Pineapple..
  • natgenereux
    Options
    mix it with pineapple