favorite weird food combo

Options
12346»

Replies

• Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat maple syrup with all breakfast meats - sausage bacon and ham.

Another for ketchup on scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese.

My best friend used to cut up a lemon, douse each piece with Lawry's seasoning salt and eat it like candy.

My aunt and her kids used to eat little balls of RAW ground beef doused in Lawry's.

If somebody feeds me mediocre spaghetti/marinara, the perfect cure is ranch dressing.

I do not go to a movie theater without some Kraft caramel (the cubes). Smash one up, stretch it out, and eat it at the same time as a bunch of popcorn.

A whole sleeve of graham crackers broken up into a bowl with milk and white sugar, like a cereal that gets soggy almost immediately, is one of my favorite treats!

Wheat Thins and cream cheese or cottage cheese.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    bioklutz wrote: »
    It may qualify as weird... Vanilla ice cream topped with a little bit of high quality balsamic vinegar. I only have it a few times a year but it is tasty as hell to me :smile:

I worked in a restaurant once and accidentally kept my balsamic reduction and chocolate sauce in the same bottles and had them right next to each other. I topped off someones ice cream with chocolate syrup but after it went out it was DEFINITELY the balsamic reduction. lol. I always hoped they liked it. They didn't send it back.

must have been beautifully reduced to give off the same texture as chocolate syrup! They probably thought it was avant garde or something haha!

Yeah it was good stuff lol.

I've had that on purpose at a couple restaurants with really good aged balsamic. It is delicious and if I wasn't too cheap to spring for the super expensive reduction at home I'd probably eat it a lot! It's not the same with an $8 bottle of balsamic glaze though, haha.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    fishshark wrote: »
    ridge4mfp wrote: »
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    also celery and peanut butter. seems like PB is popular on all kinds of foods.

My husband makes what he calls "ants on a log". Celery topped with PB and sprinkled with raisins.
    thats a very normal classic food for kids

Is it? I guess my mom missed that one! It was new to me when we married....

how funny! maybe it depends on region
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I eat maple syrup with all breakfast meats - sausage bacon and ham.

Another for ketchup on scrambled eggs and macaroni and cheese.

My best friend used to cut up a lemon, douse each piece with Lawry's seasoning salt and eat it like candy.

My aunt and her kids used to eat little balls of RAW ground beef doused in Lawry's.

If somebody feeds me mediocre spaghetti/marinara, the perfect cure is ranch dressing.

I do not go to a movie theater without some Kraft caramel (the cubes). Smash one up, stretch it out, and eat it at the same time as a bunch of popcorn.

A whole sleeve of graham crackers broken up into a bowl with milk and white sugar, like a cereal that gets soggy almost immediately, is one of my favorite treats!

Wheat Thins and cream cheese or cottage cheese.

the raw meat one made me shutter. oh man.