What secret vice food do you have hidden somewhere?

Options
Lo65
Lo65 Posts: 33
Lindt Excellence 70% cocoa smooth dark chocolate in my refridge. I eat 1 square when the chocolate cravings hit too hard.

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I hide some foods from my kids, because there are three of them and only one of me! But they are not vices. I hide my almonds, cashews, my ghiardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, I hide the Kale Chips and some fruits.

But I buy them things that they can have that are great snacks, but when I NEED some almonds, I want to know that they are there.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I pick up a Russell Stover S'Mores bar every week at the grocery store and enjoy it after a long bike ride. Just enough richness and sweetness and at 230 calories not a diet-killer.
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Cherry pop tarts!! I only eat a pack when I am gonna do a really good workout!! :bigsmile:
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't hide food as a vice. I have completely changed the way I am eating now. When I want some chocolate I drink a chocolate protein shake and that is enough for me. Maybe the only thing I have to tell my kids to leave alone is my boiled eggs that I have set aside for myself because they will eat mine too if they think they can have them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Food is fuel, not a vice.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This. And if you are "hiding" food (minus because your kids might attack with no cares on punishment)....then you need to take some time to rethink how you are dealing with things.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Luckily, secret food and thinking of eating as a vice are long in the past for me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

^This. And if you are "hiding" food (minus because your kids might attack with no cares on punishment)....then you need to take some time to rethink how you are dealing with things.

Also, the fridge is not a good hiding place for food.
  • Andreaviolet89
    Andreaviolet89 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Queso dip and baked tortilla chips
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I only hide food because of the SO he eats everything and a lot of it. I think he likes chocolate 100x more then I do.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Hershey's Special dark. I eat 3 squares generally but have gone 6weeks between eating any past few times.
    Good thing we have an AC, I hide it in my armoire. If I didn't the natives would devoour it. lol
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I have to "hide" my bread because my cat likes to eat it. Including the plastic... :grumble:
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I have to "hide" my bread because my cat likes to eat it. Including the plastic... :grumble:
    Mine just figured out how to jump on top of my fridge, where I normally keep it. Other than that, I eat as I so please.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    My cat shreds through wrappers to eat bread. He is so naughty!
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    Mine just figured out how to jump on top of my fridge, where I normally keep it. Other than that, I eat as I so please.

One time, my cat somehow (still don't know how) got from the refrigerator to the laundry room door and was stuck up there until I came to save him. I always keep that door open because I keep their litter box in the laundry room, but the door had to be all the way open for him to get up there and I have no idea how he stabilized it so he could get on top.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I use the word "vice" very lightly- as in "I know it's not good for me but I like it and I'm going to eat it on occasion and thoroughly enjoy it". Nothing more, nothing less.
  • BenchPressingCats
    Options
    My cat shreds through wrappers to eat bread. He is so naughty!

I was so scared when I first got my cat because he actually eats the plastic. He does the same with donuts when they're in the little box thingy.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever been fat enough on the inside to hide food. :huh:

I have, however, told a cheeseburger that I'm going to make it my *****.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In my bag on the back of my motorbike.... pack of custard cream biscuits, I have the occasional one as a treat! nom!