Need help eating calories

Options
2»

Replies

• bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe people would recommend eating cheese on a website with "fit" in the title. :#

So you can't eat cheese and be fit...? :huh: :noway:

You can smoke and be fit too. That doesn't mean it's a good recommendation :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe people would recommend eating cheese on a website with "fit" in the title. :#

You can also be fit and a serial killer. Doesn't mean you have a good argument :smile:
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

You can also be fit and a serial killer. Doesn't mean you have a good argument :smile:

Interesting strawman. I asserted that on a site related to fitness, a food high in saturated fat and sodium, while being devoid of fiber, isn't a healthy recommendation (in my opnion). I never stated that being "fit" was all or nothing; he/she did. Then you go and relate it to something completely arbitrary.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Interesting strawman. I asserted that on a site related to fitness, a food high in saturated fat and sodium, while being devoid of fiber, isn't a healthy recommendation (in my opnion). I never stated that being "fit" was all or nothing; you did. Then you go and relate it to something completely arbitrary.

lol
  • EmmaNagora
    EmmaNagora Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to gain muscle mass,
    try to have only around, 25g to 35g of processed/white sugar a day and find some good exercises.

About three weeks ago I was 89 pounds, now I weigh 97 pounds and I'm still gaining weight.
    I'm an active person, so I'm pretty sure that I've gained muscle.
    Now that I have myfittnesspal, I'm hoping I can gain and track my weight more efficiently.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Damn, busted as a serial killer. Need a chocolate chip cookie
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

Interesting strawman. I asserted that on a site related to fitness, a food high in saturated fat and sodium, while being devoid of fiber, isn't a healthy recommendation (in my opnion). I never stated that being "fit" was all or nothing; he/she did. Then you go and relate it to something completely arbitrary.

Chicken is devoid of fiber, and eggs are high in sodium... does that make them bad? Saturated fats, especially considering its from a natural source rather than ultra processed foods, are not going to make you unhealthy. Sodium is necessary, especially while active, as its an electrolyte.

And as always, dietary context matters more than one or two components that make up a small portion of your daily intake.
  • diverroboz
    diverroboz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hmm reading this thread,
    laughed so hard I may have burnt so much energy... Thanks!

Question: since I'm loving logging nutrition and exercise in MFP should i log the 200 calories used reading the above?