Do you have a cheat day once a week/month?

Options
2»

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a cheat day as that makes food seem negative. Yesterday at a family meal I had a beer, pasta and cheesy garlic bread and ice cream with brownies. I planned to do that purely because I love all of those things and know I won't have it again for at least a month. Sometimes a bit of what you fancy can keep you sane, life is too short to not indulge now and then ;-)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I would also think re dentist bill
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP are you still seeing a therapist for your ED? If so I would probably ask him or her how to handle this. My normal advice is that I don't believe in cheat days/meals; I prefer to work in the foods I enjoy on a daily basis as I think that people can often really go off the rails with their splurges. I also think they can set up an unhealthy relationship with food, emphasizing good foods/bad foods or good days/bad days which would be especially detrimental for someone who has suffered from anorexia or other eating disorders.

• VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP are you still seeing a therapist for your ED? If so I would probably ask him or her how to handle this. My normal advice is that I don't believe in cheat days/meals; I prefer to work in the foods I enjoy on a daily basis as I think that people can often really go off the rails with their splurges. I also think they can set up an unhealthy relationship with food, emphasizing good foods/bad foods or good days/bad days which would be especially detrimental for someone who has suffered from anorexia or other eating disorders.

Not at the moment I'm not. I saw the nurse early this morning though and when I got everything checked, my blood sugar apparently is low (she said), as well as my blood pressure. So in addition to people here telling me my calories are still low, I guess everything about my health is low? :/
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    every meal can be cheat meal but as long as you can fit it in your macros
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No specific cheat day. I just eat and I know if i eat fast food or unhealthy food today then I need to be healthier tomorrow or if I have a pizza for breakfast then i'll have salad for lunch and dinner. I enjoy some form of candy/pastry daily because that makes me happy but I ensure i'm not consuming too sugar in my other meals/drinks. You decide if you want specific cheat days or if you're going to just eat with awareness.

I can't give an accurate measurement but if you want to gain muscle and you're already skinny then you need to be eating more calories. I know for men they usually say to multiple weight by 15-18 to know how much calories to consume then do some lifting/strength work out to develop those muscles and of course, increase protein. As a woman I'd say to multiply your weight by 15 , eat that minimum and increase the amount of iron, b12, protein and strength workouts in your current routine.

I am 5ft 4 and 157lbs, coming from 163 last summer and gaining back 3lbs during the Christmas season. Personally I want to lose weight then build muscle so right now I do 30-60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week and 30-45 minutes of strength 3 days a week since I don't go to a gym. My main goal is to lose weight then I will work on toning but at the same time I don't want my skin tight at all times so this works for me. You can message me and I'll try to give you a bunch of links/videos that help me.