My resting heart rate.

Options

Replies

• mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    33bpm. Distance runner. 70mi/wk.

I admire you. Seriously, how do you keep up with having to eat so much for that?
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    6pkdreamer wrote: »
    Interesting but the drop in HR in one minute from exercise is more important than resting HR.

Mine drops quick when I reduce effort. When I first started exercising I would be out of breath and shaky long after I had a cool down and quit. That doesn't happen anymore, I feel so much better.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    33bpm. Distance runner. 70mi/wk.

I admire you. Seriously, how do you keep up with having to eat so much for that?

Haha. It gets crazy. I basically eat whatever I see. Whole foods diet: Whole pizzas etc ;)
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My current average is 48, but right this second (sitting on a couch messing around on my phone) it's 59...so clearly it fluctuates quite a bit.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Mine is currently at around 72-75, I didn't realize this was high. I'm just now easing back into exercising...but I'm still relatively sedentary.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Low 40s.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Mine is currently at around 72-75, I didn't realize this was high. I'm just now easing back into exercising...but I'm still relatively sedentary.

It is not high it is normal. I am a very active older individual that has never been obese or fat and my heart rate has always been high. It was in the 80s when I was younger and it is now between 69 and 77, depending of he time of the day I check it out (better do it in the morning before getting up). All the readings were always considered normal.

How low or high our hear rate is depends not only in fitness but also in genetics. Read my previous postings in page 1.
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Just measured mine - 69. :D
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Mine's exactly 60. B)

When I was 20 pounds lighter it would consistantly come to around 54 to 56.
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Mine was high 80s average resting before I started exercising. Now the average resting is 59. Also, it drops much faster after I stop exercising, so I know the exercise has made me healthier!
  • jasonshepherd646
    jasonshepherd646 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 years old and pretty proud of this. Although I don't really know it compares to similar aged people, elite athletes, average non sports kind of people etc?

ekot4lrll3b3.png
  • gbebedoll570
    gbebedoll570 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW my resting heart rate is higher than most.

Before I started doing any physical activity, my resting heart rate was always in the high 70s.

But I noticed ever since I dropped some weight and started walking everyday for at least 45 minutes, my resting heart rate is in the low 60s.

This morning I checked my resting heart rate and it was 59!!! That's the first time ever.. Hopefully it gets better!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I clock in pretty regularly at 100/60 when I hit the doctors office- I'm always surprised they are surprised at how low it is.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If I'm sitting on the couch, low 40's. Lying down and being still like they tell you to measure I've been in the mid 30's
  • SabinPruna
    SabinPruna Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

When is low too low? 40s seems really low. What's the difference between an athlete with a HR of 44 and someone who is anorexic? I mean, in one scenario doctors are very concerned. It just seems really low. Is lower much better? When is it concerning and when is it really healthy? I've asked the same question different ways I guess. I am just curious about things.

There was a time many many years ago when the dieting and exercise thing got a bit out of control on accident and I spent a night in the hospital. My HR went down to 32 while sleeping and the doctor freaked out.

Been there done that, will not exercise that much any more. (20% of bulimics purge by exercise; I was one of them.) my resting rate is 64 and I am fine with that.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I clock in pretty regularly at 100/60 when I hit the doctors office- I'm always surprised they are surprised at how low it is.

Is that your BP?
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    ekoyq1jor5mi.jpg

When I got my FitBit last August and saw a RHR figure in the low 50s I was a little concerned. But I checked with my GP, who looked at my office visit vitals for the past three years; and in the course of my "fitness and weight loss journey" it does appear that I've gone from a RHR of 75-90 bpm (!) in 2013 (@255 lbs) to one that sits generally in the high 40s/lower 50s (@175 lbs). I've stepped up my exercise program considerably this past 6 months, and 49 bpm is now the current norm. One interesting thing: I'd heard that a cold/flu can cause the RHR to rise for the duration of the illness, and I discovered recently that it's true:

69mwyu5elfhn.jpg

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    When my blood pressure is normal, 65-70 if i am sitting around, drops to low 50s when sleeping. When my blood pressure goes up at work, heart rate drops to mid 50s, maybe to compensate?

I breathe slow and deep, too, my breath rate is slow.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Mine is 62