Juice Fast

Options
I am starting Day one of a juice fast. I have done research and watched the amazing Joe Cross in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. I still would like any tips or ideas from anyone who has done this with good results. Not sure how long I am going to do it. I have been eating vegetarian for over a month now and love it. But want a little more because I have had some major stomach problems. So please feed me all the positive tips and information you have. Cant wait to hear from you!:smile:

Replies

• weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Nothing????
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Juicing is terrible. It's increases your risk of different metabolic disorders from the excess fructose, it removes the healthy part of fruit (fiber) and leaves you with a cup full of sugar water, it doesn't provide enough fats or protein for you body to function properly, and you'll lose muscle and possibly damage your organs. You might as well dump some sugar and crushed up vitamins into a cup of water. It's the same thing.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have never done a juice fast. It seems way to extreme to stick to. But I do really like incorporating green smoothies in my diet. It helps me get in those extra servings of veggies and it still has all of the fiber since it goes through a blender instead of a juicer. One of my favorites is made of spinach, bell pepper, an orange, and a couple strawberries.
  • MyouTakaraTriesAgain
    Options
    Don't do it. Drink some juice with your meals if you must.
  • weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Interesting I said response from those who have good things to say I guess some ppl just cant read......
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Interesting I said response from those who have good things to say I guess some ppl just cant read......

Well, you did bump you're own thread within 8 minutes of posting it so it appeared you were desperate for advice....they were just offering some. I doubt reading ability has anything to do with it. Juice fasts aren't generally the most popular thing in the forum. You might check out the "groups" section. There's bound to be at least a couple groups that will give you some ideas.
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    These always crack me up. Why in the world would one think actual real natural food, like freshly made juice, is something to run away from? Is only juice something one should live on forever? Well, no. Does it hurt to go all juice or fruit for a couple of days? No, of course not.

OP, I haven't done a juice fast, so I can't help you - I dropped in to see what helpful info your question might have elicited.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    No one has replied with any good results because juicing does not lead to good results, only bad results. Anyone that advocates juicing is either an idiot or trying to sell you something.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't do total juice fats, but I love my juicer! Especially after holidays or road trips, when my gut feels heavy from poor food choices-I'll replace my lunch with something from my juicer for a few days.

And I will use the juicer to get in some extra fruits and veggies from time to time.

Plus, my juicer grinds meat, puréed food, and makes that "banana ice cream",

I guess this makes me either an idiot,or trying to sell you something.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    And my very picky son likes to make his own apple kiwi juice, I have finally convinced him to add blueberry.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

Why would you only want to hear from people who will tell you what you WANT to hear? I would think anyone who has advice or experience to share has valuable input.

7396232.png
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If you already know what you want to hear, then why bother asking in the first place? Just do a Google search from a biased source to make yourself feel better about your obviously shaky choice. Take a hint from the lack of good things people have to say about juicing - I'd consider learning from mistakes and other experience/advice a "good thing to say" too. However,if you do this, I hope you enjoyed your muscle mass because it won't be around for long. *Sustainable* weight loss through nurtrition, exercise, and a calorie deficit is really that simple - there are no "inside secrets" like juicing, shakes, pills, etc.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    According to the infomercial that was just on juicing is the best thing you can do. It takes all that nasty fiber out of your food that your body needs for elimination and drinking the juice is so powerful that it goes straight to your cells giving you an instant power boost without even being digested. After watching it I'm not sure why I've ever bothered actually chewing my food! You can instantly lose weight, heal disease and become strong just by throwing some greens into a blender. WOW!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is a public forum. you can't control the responses you will get. If you are only looking for positive responses regardless of actual results, try looking for juicing groups in MFP groups. There are a bunch. they may be able to give you the exact support you are requiring for whatever you are doing.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

It's a public internet forum... when you post something you cannot just expect to get only good reviews and you cannot control how people will respond... don't want the downsides, don't post in a public place. Why would you only want good reviews when you are debating trying something? A properly informed choice would be knowing the good and the bad to something. Only asking for the good parts of something is not getting information for an informed decision.

I juice but I would never juice as my sole nutrition intake for any period of time. I have one juice a day to get some more nutrients in. Juicing as you sole calorie and nutrient intake is not healthy. The movie you watched was just a very long Breville advertisement and nothing more. Juicing will not give you the nutrients your body requires.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, you will most likey lose more muscle than you want. If you want to be lean, toned and healthy looking, be in a caloric deficit while trying to minimize muscle loss. Get enough protein to recover and retain muscle mass and get enough fats to regulate your hormones.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I don't do total juice fats, but I love my juicer! Especially after holidays or road trips, when my gut feels heavy from poor food choices-I'll replace my lunch with something from my juicer for a few days.

And I will use the juicer to get in some extra fruits and veggies from time to time.

Plus, my juicer grinds meat, puréed food, and makes that "banana ice cream",

I guess this makes me either an idiot,or trying to sell you something.
    Drinking juice is fine. Going on a juice fast (read: low protein, low fat, high carb diet) is bad.
  • Courtney_Pool
    Options
    I have done almost 200 days of Juice Cleansing -- it's amazing!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I have done almost 200 days of Juice Cleansing -- it's amazing!!
    You should just say juicing since there's no peer reviewed clinical studies from Journals of Medicine or Nutrition showing that the body is really being "cleansed".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition