more weights vs more sets

Options
2»

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the responses.
    Though I'm more confused than ever I appreciate the feedback.

I guess my original question wasn't clear enough.... Well because I'm confused about what I want as the end result....

What I want to do is to firm up and tone areas that need work. I'm wondering if by doing more sets for endurance will give me the results or should I be doing shorter sets but more weights?

I usually follow up my strength work with some cardio sessions but if I go for higher weights on the strength vthen I have nothing left for the cardio. If I go for endurance then I don't feel like I've done enough.
    I seem to be at a plateau again and finding it frustrating some days when I don't see the difference

Thanks again for the replies

Avoid the charts man. People are making this way more than what it is.

If you want to be a powerlifter and build STRENGTH ( you will develop muscle, but not like a bodybuilder) then stick to 1-5 reps and HEAVY *kitten* weight.

I've done powerlifting since I was 14, I have a decent amount of mass. Sure, I've seen dudes bigger than me, but they can't even get what I deadlift for repetitions off the floor.

If you want muscles and looks. Go for 8-10 reps, and an extra set or two.

Do as much cardio as you want. It just helps in weight loss and keeping a healthy heart. I just walk on max incline for 30 minutes every workout

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the responses.
    Though I'm more confused than ever I appreciate the feedback.

I guess my original question wasn't clear enough.... Well because I'm confused about what I want as the end result....

What I want to do is to firm up and tone areas that need work. I'm wondering if by doing more sets for endurance will give me the results or should I be doing shorter sets but more weights?

I usually follow up my strength work with some cardio sessions but if I go for higher weights on the strength vthen I have nothing left for the cardio. If I go for endurance then I don't feel like I've done enough.
    I seem to be at a plateau again and finding it frustrating some days when I don't see the difference

Thanks again for the replies

then i would say for your particular goals you'll probably be fine with doing whatever rep range you enjoy the most, keep progressing the weight, keep doing your cardio, and making sure you're in a calorie deficit. don't sweat the small details. just go work out.