Worried about my weight :(

Options
I am not exercing because I got new job and it sucks because now I am not too much active.
But still counting calories I am not eating more than 2000 calories per day and my steps are 13000+.

I am worried that now my weight will be more. Its been almost 20 days I didnt check my weight. On 5th April I was 235 lb. Not checking my weight because I will be disappointed if it is more than 235 lb. :'(

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Step 1. Get on the scale.

Yep
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Set your activity to "sedentary" on MFP and weight loss goal to 1 or 0.5 lbs per week and eat and log accordingly.

Life is full of set-backs and bumps in the road, don't be afraid to face this obstacle, you will overcome if you practice patience and determination. And you have an entire community of users on the same pathway. We're here to help! Good luck!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I know this sucks... but the disappointment is something you have to face. Get on the scale, and deal with the results. Ignoring something because you don't like it is how most people become obese in the first place. And if you don't like the results, then do something to fix it.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You need your starting weight so you know how many calories to eat. Bite the bullet and get on the scale. Eat -500 to -1000 calories from your TDEE to lose weight. Have weekly or monthly weight-ins at the same time every time (i.e. every morning after you use the washroom, or every night before you jump in bed on the same scale).

I find daily weight ins fluctuate and may discourage you, but that's personal preference. Log your food like it's your life. If you aren't losing weight, decrease your allowed caloric intake by 100 every week until you start seeing changes you want.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you're over 200 pounds your maintenance is likely 2500 calories or higher, so assuming you are logging accurately and given your daily steps it's not likely you are going to gain weight. In fact you may actually lose weight. Hop on the scale and stop torturing yourself.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I can't see you're anywhere near maintenance if you are accurately logging a dietary intake of no more than 2000 calories a day.

So no, if you are accurately logging a dietary intake of no more than 2000 calories you will not have gained weight.
  • AamirKhan2016
    AamirKhan2016 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.5 kg (3.30 lb) :'(:'(:'(
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Well that's not so bad. That could be water weight, clothes, food in your belly if you've eaten anything today.
    How much more exercise did you use to do? Have you adjusted your calories to account for your new activity level?
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

That's nothing in the scheme of things. Also, exercise is not needed for weight loss (I lost 50lbs with no exercise ), but you do need to be eating at an appropriate calorie deficit.

Accurately track your food intake, be accurate in your portion sizes ( food scale set to grams), and eat the calorie allotment MFP sets for you. That's all you need to do to lose weight.
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You need to get on the scale and check your weight. You have no idea whether your losing or gaining weight without taking the courage and stepping on the scale. Face reality
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You took step 1 and got on the scale, now find out what is going on with the calorie intake relative to what you were doing before.

If want to get it as close to 100% accuracy with food intake and be sure you stay in a calorie deficit from here on out (without exercise) weigh and log all of your food every day. If you do not own a food scale, now is the time to get one. It is cheap and simple and only takes seconds to weigh food.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Good to see you did get on that scale! now time to be more accurate with your logging and shave off some calories somewhere so you are in deficit and losing once more.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I am not exercing because I got new job and it sucks because now I am not too much active.
    But still counting calories I am not eating more than 2000 calories per day and my steps are 13000+.

I am worried that now my weight will be more. Its been almost 20 days I didnt check my weight. On 5th April I was 235 lb. Not checking my weight because I will be disappointed if it is more than 235 lb. :'(

That's not really enough information for us to know what to say. Are you measuring and weighing everything you are eating? Do you eat a lot of veggies, fruits, one ingredient foods? What are your meals like? Just because you are more sedentary doesn't mean you will automatically gain or show no loss. I've lost weight in the past without even exercising and only eating less food so it can certainly be done.

Weigh yourself. You have to accept the losses and the gains. It's just part of it. Make this your lifestyle and don't be afraid of the scales. Good luck to you!