Lifting can be addictive.

Options
2»

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't even think of it as exercise anymore. It's part of my daily routine now. Especially since I get my workout in right after work. To me it's more like a daily therapy session. Every day I have an appointment from 5-6 PM with the doc. I use all the stresses of the day to fuel me. Going for a new PR, seeing a new muscle popping through in the mirror, the soreness, the exhaustion are my rewards. Then of course I feel like I earned my couch time for the rest of the night. :p
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yup almost 3 years in for me...I lift at home too.

Not that I am opposed to gyms I just prefer to be with myself and not have to worry about waiting for the equipment I need.

I like being strong and knowing that I am working towards a healthier middle old age...

It has helped with all aspects of my life...including cardio.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Wish I had caught the fitness bug years ago. I do enjoy lifting weights..makes me feel bad *kitten* (even if I'm really not!) LOL
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oh my god...lifting. It's gotten to the point where I am just constantly thinking about what/when/how much I'm going to lift and what/when/how much I'm going to eat.

I am learning to check myself because I will want to bail on social gatherings so I can eat the way I want and not miss a training session.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could enjoy lifting. I personally find it exceptionally tedious, and as a result I don't do it as often as I should. I'd much rather run.

I also don't like dealing with the meatheads people at my gym. I can never get any lifting in because the weights area is always full of dudes strutting and grunting. (ETA) Maybe if it wasn't so intimidating, I'd be more apt to lift.

I'm friends with those "people" now. Yeah, we have nothing in common besides lifting but lifting is such a huge part of my life now too-it works. I look forward to coming in and seeing these guys, chatting, and I'm just wildly amused at their selfi-taking, and if they're grunting because they're hitting a PR it's just really fun.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to lifting and find that the other lifters in my gym, especially the powerlifters are the nicest people there.
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I started at 40, set up a home gym with rack, did stronglifts, then progressed to 5/3/1. Hit 1.5x my bodyweight on squats yesterday. All lifters should check out http://symmetricstrength.com/ it is awesome for relative age-adjusted strength standards comparisons and logging.