Biggest Binge

Options

Replies

• anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ch33ky83 wrote: »
    Last night - in addition to my breakfast, lunch, dinner, and normal snack, I downed a whole big bag of pop chips, pure growth chips, a donut, and a piece of ho-ho cake. My stomach isn't happy this morning!!

It's worse than a hangover, I'll give you that :wink:
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    After reading these posts, I'm realizing that my "binging" maybe isn't binging. To me, eating 4 donuts is a binge, or maybe a whole package of Oreo Double Stufs, or a whole bag of marshmallows, but if I do that, that's usually about all I would eat for the day.
  • anamibell
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    When I was low carb dieting I had a really upsetting event happen and I decided to binge. Truly decided to, it was awful. I bought a slice of pizza from pizza schmizza, with a side of cheese bread, a whole tub of frozen yogurt from the place next door, and pretty sure I grabbed a few candy bars as well. Took me all day to eat it and when I added it up it was well over 5000 calories. Then on top of that I split a bottle of fireball with my roommate and threw up for hours. That was the worst one ever.

ouch :(
    Low carb dieting is really difficult when you have carbs laying around the house. When the cravings hit, it's unbelievable how much the human stomach can hold!
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I once had about 6000kcal in one sitting (I was skinny then but depressed) - I felt so sick for days, never done it since.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    If my memory serves me right, it was around 27K calories. I did a cheat day after restricting for several months, and I reached a milestone so allowed a cheat day. I ate lots of donuts, pizzas, several lbs. of spaghetti and meatballs and sauce, a couple of cakes, some cookies, brownies, potato chips, ice cream... basically I just stayed home cooking spaghetti and cakes and eating all of the foods. I only left home to pick up donuts and pizzas.
    If my memory serves me right, it was around 27K calories. I did a cheat day after restricting for several months, and I reached a milestone so allowed a cheat day. I ate lots of donuts, pizzas, several lbs. of spaghetti and meatballs and sauce, a couple of cakes, some cookies, brownies, potato chips, ice cream... basically I just stayed home cooking spaghetti and cakes and eating all of the foods. I only left home to pick up donuts and pizzas.

This is very impressive. :o

I find this to be a possible miscalculation of calories. Sometimes you think you eat alottttt more than you actually do. 27,000 calories is a RIDICULOUS amount of food.....

Not doubting you, but the possibly of it not being 27,000 is pretty high

I ate a lot of whole packages of things, so the logging was based on that. For example, I remember that there were 2 boxes (2 lbs. each) of spaghetti. I cooked it all and ate it, plus whole cans of sauce, a whole bag of frozen meatballs, whole restaurant pizzas logged, etc. It is more difficult to mis-log when eating full containers.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    child's play. I've had binges upwards of 10k calories in one sitting.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

This is very impressive. :o

I find this to be a possible miscalculation of calories. Sometimes you think you eat alottttt more than you actually do. 27,000 calories is a RIDICULOUS amount of food.....

Not doubting you, but the possibly of it not being 27,000 is pretty high

I ate a lot of whole packages of things, so the logging was based on that. For example, I remember that there were 2 boxes (2 lbs. each) of spaghetti. I cooked it all and ate it, plus whole cans of sauce, a whole bag of frozen meatballs, whole restaurant pizzas logged, etc. It is more difficult to mis-log when eating full containers.

Then respect to you my friend lol.
  • jonthemusse
    jonthemusse Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    27 Mcal is only a few litres of oil. Throw in some sugary binders, and that's barely a bucket of food. I'm sure I've touched similar numbers on occasion. You need a big frame for that though.

My worst is not my biggest. Had recovered from typhoid in Nepal, and having eaten nothing solid for three weeks, I made my way to Kathmandu from the foothills, and went for buffalo (cow) momos -lots of them- at a local restaurant catering for mostly westerners. When I left, bumped into some development tourists, and hit another food spot too dear for locals.

A few hours later, I woke up to projectile vomit continuously all the way to the toilet. There was no sink, so I couldn't kitten and vomit at the same time... or so I though. I passed out from exhaustion. Was fine the next morning.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    27 Mcal is only a few litres of oil. Throw in some sugary binders, and that's barely a bucket of food. I'm sure I've touched similar numbers on occasion. You need a big frame for that though.

My worst is not my biggest. Had recovered from typhoid in Nepal, and having eaten nothing solid for three weeks, I made my way to Kathmandu from the foothills, and went for buffalo (cow) momos, lot's of them. When I left, bumped into some development tourists and hit another food spot too dear for locals.

A few hours later I woke up to projectile vomit continuously all the way to the toilet. There was no sink, so I couldn't kitten and vomit at the same time... or so I though. I passed out from exhaustion. Was fine the next morning.

OMG, I'll remember to be careful about what I eat if I ever visit Nepal.
  • jonthemusse
    jonthemusse Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh, it wasn't food poisoning. I was just very weak and I ate three weeks worth of food. Just get your shots, don't let the monkeys bite you, and you'll be fine. No more civil war either. Nice place, all in all.
  • jessicarenee326
    jessicarenee326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm really not trying to be a jerk but I'm not sure a lot folks around her understand what a binge really means. When I'm seriously in the depths of depression I can put down 15K+ calories in a day easily. Multiple pizzas, multiple bags of chips & cookies, 100 oz of soda and so on. Until you've taken measures to make it look like all the food your buying is for a group of people and not just you by doing things like ordering three different kinds of soda or requesting four sets of utensils, I'm not sure you can understand how horrifying and serious a problem binge eating can be.
    I don't think I've ever tried to hide my binges from people that weren't friends, family, or coworkers. I have waited for moments when I'm alone to raid the pantries and gorge on the contents of the pantries and whatever leftovers my parents had, but in front of someone at Krogers or the staff at the buffet? I'm a lot more lax around them.

The most I've logged is somewhere in the 10ks.

• anamibell
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Is it bad that I read these threads for the descriptions of deliciousness?

Thats awsome LOL
  • anamibell
    Options
    Those are all fair points. And I'm willing to accept it means different things to different people. But I feel like we need better words then. Because when I "binge" it is pathological and terrifying. So to hear someone else describe overeating as "binging" as though it were a charming quirk kind of sets my teeth on edge.

I understand exactly what you're saying, I feel the same way as well.
    I noticed more and more people doing so, but I think I found the reason.
    It used to be really difficult for me to admit having binged on food, but currently , I try to add a little bit of humor just so that it is easier for me to address the issue. Otherwise, It remains an untouchable topic.
    I hope it'll explain why some people talk about their binges (whether we perceive it as a true 'binge' or not) and laugh it off like its a joke ;)
  • anamibell
    Options

Reminds of of those eating competition things...
    were you able to keep the food down?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    anamibell wrote: »

Reminds of of those eating competition things...
    were you able to keep the food down?

Yes, why wouldn't I? It might be relevant to mention that I have type 1 diabetes. That means that, in addition to not making insulin, I also don't make amylin. While that is rarely mentioned about type 1's, it does make a difference in digestion speed and hunger.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I have a gastric band that was overfilled for a very long time and I finally got the saline taken out, I went nuts! I gained 14lbs in 19 days. I ate all the foods I couldn't have for years: pizza, cheeseburgers, breadsticks, tacos, etc. That was earlier this month. Fortunately, I've lost nine of those lbs already.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Are we talking biggest binge EVER or since I changed to a healthy lifestyle? If the former, then I literally have no idea. A normal night of eating back then is what I would consider a huge binge if I ate it now. I would often have a dinner consisting of almost a whole bag of Oreos, spaghetti, ice cream, crackers of some sort, and probably a bagel.

A couple months ago I had a big, delicious brunch that amounted to a couple thousand calories. Included corn & crab bisque, sweet potato crumble, waffle, prime rib, bread pudding, and crab cakes... Delicious!
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mine are probably in alcohol calories! I don't truly 'binge drink', I'm a massive lightweight so I'm good after three beers, but mixed drinks, when I do have them, are killers. 400 cal a piece and you can easily have 2, 3, or 4 in a night if you spread them out... geh

The rest of my calorically high binges are accidental. But I have put away over 1k calories in a meal by just not knowing what I was eating until after the fact!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    On bad nights in the past when I was depressed I could order two large pizza's from two different shops, eat a couple dozen cookies and finish up going out for ice cream.... and be sick for two days afterwards.
    There are binges and there are BINGES. I do think some people really have no idea what a binge can actually be.