Who's a car junkie?

Options
nojuicejustjin_
nojuicejustjin_ Posts: 238 Member
Import or domestic, doesn't matter! I used to race and was an avid grease monkey :) not as much these days other than changing my oil and keeping my car running smooth

Name your all time favorite or "dream" car and name any awesome ones you've owned.

Dream car: 65 GTO
Car owned: 300zx twin turbo Fairlady (swapped the engine myself it was an N/a engine prior)
t6afaobtcizz.jpeg

Replies

• hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I use to have a 2008 bmw 135 twin turbo, 300 hp, 0-60 in 5 or so
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I miss my 1968 Mercury Cougar. I have a 1976 Chevrolet Camaro now. I also like to modify my 2007 Ford Edge. So many wonderful cars it's hard to pick just one.
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    I use to have a 2008 bmw 135 twin turbo, 300 hp, 0-60 in 5 or so

Nice!
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    I miss my 1968 Mercury Cougar. I have a 1976 Chevrolet Camaro now. I also like to modify my 2007 Ford Edge. So many wonderful cars it's hard to pick just one.

My uncle restores cars he has a cougar now he's finishing up :)o8l0wvpm5eur.jpeg
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    me me me.

Been addicted to cars ever since the days of playing with micro machines and 80s matchbox cars. Grew up idolizing import tuners and 60s impala lowriders. Now I still enjoy lowriders over lifted, but love both american muscle and import, and also VIP inspired builds. Don't really have a favorite because there are too many I would love to own.

My last project toy was a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with a fully built engine and a gtx3071r custom turbo kit. Had it set up for drifting, but it did well all around. Currently have a BMW E36 for a project toy that has been 5.0 swapped (ford). Currently in the process of upgrading the drivetrain to a fully built A5 transmission and the engine slightly built for 450-500hp naturally aspirated.

Dailying a beat up volvo 240. Contemplating LSx swapping it and boosting it, or upgrading to either a new body style Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury, or an Infiniti Q50S. Never been one to like debt or depreciating assets, but it would be nice to have some modern luxury.

I guess next "practical" dream car would be a used Nissan GTR or new body style Jaguar XFR (or XJR). Would like something quick with a beautiful sounding engine, but with a backseat for family. I have a BMW S1000RR and the E36 gutted down to 2 seats already.
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    xSPICYx wrote: »
    me me me.

Been addicted to cars ever since the days of playing with micro machines and 80s matchbox cars. Grew up idolizing import tuners and 60s impala lowriders. Now I still enjoy lowriders over lifted, but love both american muscle and import, and also VIP inspired builds. Don't really have a favorite because there are too many I would love to own.

My last project toy was a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with a fully built engine and a gtx3071r custom turbo kit. Had it set up for drifting, but it did well all around. Currently have a BMW E36 for a project toy that has been 5.0 swapped (ford). Currently in the process of upgrading the drivetrain to a fully built A5 transmission and the engine slightly built for 450-500hp naturally aspirated.

Dailying a beat up volvo 240. Contemplating LSx swapping it and boosting it, or upgrading to either a new body style Cadillac ATS 2.0T Luxury, or an Infiniti Q50S. Never been one to like debt or depreciating assets, but it would be nice to have some modern luxury.

I guess next "practical" dream car would be a used Nissan GTR or new body style Jaguar XFR (or XJR). Would something quick with a beautiful sounding engine, but with a backseat for family. I have a BMW S1000RR and the E36 gutted down to 2 seats already.

A fellow drifter B) that's awesome I used to take mine sideways often
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    I didn't get to go too often. It went from fun car to project car quickly as I always kept buying stuff for it, so it ended up having more down time than driving time. It was the main reason I sold it. Moved and just had no use for a car that I couldn't drive weekly.

I probably had about $10,000 in parts just piling up waiting to be installed on it that I never got around to because of life. Car probably only saw less than a dozen drift events.
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    Aww not cool. Going drifting was the reason I switched to 240sx wheels. I enjoyed it. The only import I'm interested in now (and always been really) are Subies. I'd love to get my hands on one and try rally
  • jprewitt1
    jprewitt1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Dream Car: 1959 Cadillac DeVille (cherry read w/white soft top convertible.)
    Current Car: 1959 Chevy Apache. Currently sitting in pieces waiting to be put back together once I have the frame powder coated.
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    I still go to events every once and awhile, and will probably take my E36 sometimes (though, its not being built for it but just happens to come with good steering angle from factory), but now I'm just focusing on having a driving toy car that I can take to the mountains on the weekend.
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    jprewitt1 wrote: »
    Dream Car: 1959 Cadillac DeVille (cherry read w/white soft top convertible.)
    Current Car: 1959 Chevy Apache. Currently sitting in pieces waiting to be put back together once I have the frame powder coated.

I would love to see that build come to life! Progress pics please
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    I still go to events every once and awhile, and will probably take my E36 sometimes (though, its not being built for it but just happens to come with good steering angle from factory), but now I'm just focusing on having a driving toy car that I can take to the mountains on the weekend.

Yea that's awesome!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Dream car: Chevy Nova, any from mid 60s to early 70s.
    Owned: 1980 Camaro
    Current: SUV
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    Sweet!
  • Frank_Jr
    Frank_Jr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My uncle restores cars he has a cougar now he's finishing up :)
    OMG, that's my cougar, well, that is exactly what my cougar looked like, damn.

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Pfft. Trucks man. m8ojkhbebd0o.jpg
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    Beautiful truck. Came so close to snagging a '13 4 door 2500, but it ended up being a craigslist scam.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Beautiful truck. Came so close to snagging a '13 4 door 2500, but it ended up being a craigslist scam.
    Thanks

i've tried selling dirtbikes and stuff on craigs....i get little foreign guys txting.... I you buyer...mark me...me send money...deposit...5 day me driver shows...me you buyer...K? *insert eye roll*
  • King_Spicy
    Options
    The latest trend is, "my car is already being held by logistics at the military base and the title is in the glovebox. They will handle shipping and everything for you and you will have the car within 3-5 days."
  • nojuicejustjin_
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    Pfft. Trucks man. m8ojkhbebd0o.jpg

Sexy!! I'm looking to get a 4x4 Chevy and lift it then take it mudding