Not eating after 3pm..

snikok
snikok Posts: 15 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Guys, i'm 96kg 183cm 26yo male, trying to loose some weight and i use the folowing technics:

i eat 5 times a day, but my last meal is at 3pm.. and then i just shut my mouth till the next day. I consume small portions of nutritous food from 7.30 till 3pm (around 1200 calories a day). I also try to do cardio three to six days a week, that helps me burn another 400-500 calories per workout. After the workout i drink a protein shake (at 6.30pm). So far i'm lossing 1.5kg per week. I'm on my third week right now.

What do u guys think about that kind of diet?

Replies

• snikok
    snikok Posts: 15 Member
    well, trying to loose weight asap.. how much is enough?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    I think I would die. There's no way I could not eat after 3:00 (even though you are, by having the protein shake). It's been proven that meal timing has no effect on weight loss. But, if it works for you, go for it. If you find yourself struggling after awhile, change it up.

I personally don't eat until about 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. Lunch around 1:00. Snack around 3:00. Dinner around 8:00 (due to kid's sports). I find this works well for me.

Good luck!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    This plus you say you don't eat after 3 PM but have a protein shake at 6:30? that's eating ;) Though meal timing is totally irrelevant to weight loss. Doesn't matter what time you eat
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    so on the days you work out, you do eat after 3? I think I would starve !!! LOL I can't imagine you can keep up that momentum (1.5 kg a week, that's over 3 pounds, if I am not mistaking) on that amount of calories....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    This plus you say you don't eat after 3 PM but have a protein shake at 6:30? that's eating ;) Though meal timing is totally irrelevant to weight loss. Doesn't matter what time you eat

this.

plus eating 1200 cals is ridiculously low
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    wow...I eat more than you do...and I am old and a woman.

eat more food. Timing of eating is irrelevant for weight loss...eat at least 1500 a day (I would eat more if I were you as you risk losing muscle mass) when you want it...
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    why... I just don't get the no eating after 3 pm... I have never heard of that.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Meal timing has no effect on weight loss, other than it may help you (or make it harder) to stick with your calorie deficit (which is what creates weight loss). I hope that protein shake is in addition to your food, and more than 300 calories, or else you are undereating; or underestimating intake (also not good, but better than undereating). You can also eat anything you want to lose weight, as long as have a sustained calorie deficit. A large deficit is difficult to sustain and is not healthy; you will be hungry and prone to cheating, and you will lose muscle mass as well as fat.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Villae81 wrote: »
    No food after 3? Everyday? And only 1200 Cal a day and doing cardio 6 days a week? You'll probably crash pretty soon

he eats after 3 PM though as he says he drinks a protein shake at 6:30
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    The things people do to lose weight!!! :(
  • emmaprocopiou
    emmaprocopiou Posts: 246 Member
    Calories are far too low. I get eating within a window of time , but I personally couldn't do it your way, I'm an evening muncher.
    Eat more calories especially as you are working out a lot. You will lose lean muscle mass and burn your body out.
    This is not sustainable nor healthy and you will not like the end result.

Good luck op on your journey but listen to those that have been there done that,
    It's not a race.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    This sounds very sucky. I need more food, and to eat right up until bedtime. Good luck!
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    If I stopped eating at 3pm I would go to bed in hangry tears every night.
    If that works for you then that's great, but there's no reason to have a cut off time for your meals and eating so little you'll probably crash and burn eventually.