Time for a Change

Options
Hi. I'm Cassie in Washington state. I was on here very briefly last summer, but got really busy with selling my house and moving that I just stopped logging on. I've decided it is time to make a change in my lifestyle so I am committed to using the site a lot more frequently. I have used other weight loss support sites in the past with success, but as soon as I stop logging on the weight seems to come back. I find support from my online buddies very helpful as I tend to get little support at home. Don't get me wrong, my family cheers me on... as they are eating chips and drinking soda on the couch while watching a marathon of The Simpsons. Then I think I should be spending time with them and end up on the couch eating junk food for 3 hours.

It would be nice to lose 55 pounds, but my real goal is to get at least 20 minutes of cardio three days a week and three days of strength training each week by May 31st.

Replies

• jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I don't think losing 55lbs is realistic before June.. not unless you starve yourself. But I am here if you need support on your journey. Just remember - we didn't gain it overnight, so we can't lose it overnight either :) x
  • cnovak1084
    cnovak1084 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I don't plan on losing 55 pounds before June. I know that will take some time. I want to get into a regular exercise routine by June. Oh sheesh! I guess that is where punctuation really helps to get the point across. I haven't set a definite timeline for my weight goal. I am trying to lose 1-2 pounds per week so I guess that would put me at about 7 months or a year to reach my goal weight.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    cnovak1084 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm Cassie in Washington state. I was on here very briefly last summer, but got really busy with selling my house and moving that I just stopped logging on. I've decided it is time to make a change in my lifestyle so I am committed to using the site a lot more frequently. I have used other weight loss support sites in the past with success, but as soon as I stop logging on the weight seems to come back. I find support from my online buddies very helpful as I tend to get little support at home. Don't get me wrong, my family cheers me on... as they are eating chips and drinking soda on the couch while watching a marathon of The Simpsons. Then I think I should be spending time with them and end up on the couch eating junk food for 3 hours.

It would be nice to lose 55 pounds, but my real goal is to get at least 20 minutes of cardio three days a week and three days of strength training each week by May 31st.

It's your life and your choice. Just because someone in your home isn't choosing to eat healthy doesn't mean you can't do so. I learned that myself. I've actually helped others in my house to choose healthier options since I started my lifestyle changes.

As far as losing 55 lbs by June I don't think that's a realistic goal but working towards it is not a wrong thing either. Just don't get your hopes up so much that when June gets here and you haven't lost enough that you fall off the wagon or get disappointed and quit. That can happen so easily when we set unrealistic goals for ourselves.

Be sure to weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds about 2 years ago and 20 have found their way back. I'm going to try for the 20 plus some. I'm back to logging everyday which is a big help. I make sure to have snacks that I can eat when I don't want to eat what my family has. I love the yogurt parfaits from McDonald's so when the family goes to Dairy Queen, I stop for a parfait and don't feel like I'm losing out. I'm going to send a friend request so we can do this together!